Cannabis Cup Winners 2009

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FruityBud

Reaction score
Super Lemon Haze repeated as the favorite Dutch coffeeshop strain at the 22nd Cannabis Cup in Amsterdam. It won last year as well, and is the first strain to repeat since the Green House's Super Silver Haze in 1999.

Vanilla Kush from Barney's placed second in the competition for the top prize. Head Bang from Green Place finished third.

The Green House and Barney's continued to dominate the Cup as the two powerhouses have throughout the decade. The last shop to win the Cup other than the Green House or Barney's was The Noon with Blueberry in 2000.

Here are the winners:

Cannabis Cup
1. Super Lemon Haze - Green House
2. Vanilla Kush - Barney's
3. Head Bang - Green Place

Indica Cup
1. Starbud - Hortilab
2. OG18 - Reserva Privada
3. Kush D - Allstar Genetics

Sativa Cup
1. Hilton - Harvestman Seed Company
2. Super Lemon Haze - Green House Seed Co.
3. BC Bud Depot - BC Bud Depot

Imported Hash Cup
1. Rif Cream - Green House
2. Triple Zero - Barney's
3. Azilla - Amnesia

Dutch Hash Cup
1. Royal Jelly - Barney's
2. Green House Ice - Green House
3. Grey Area Chrystal - Grey Area

hxxp://tinyurl.com/yhzhslm

Where are the PIC's? Peace out

I'm hearing that the crowd favorite was The Cali Connection's Tahoe OG. I'm tellin' ya Swerve has it goin' on.:D

super lemon haze with emphisis on the super, idk if what i grew is as good as theirs (doubt it) but man that is some good stoney stuff with a tatse of lemon

same thing they entered last year and considering they don't breed their own seeds, they buy them. ghs had little or nothing to do with it, other than pay for the seeds and make the presentation.:holysheep: hardly worthy of praise.

umbra said:
same thing they entered last year and considering they don't breed their own seeds, they buy them. ghs had little or nothing to do with it, other than pay for the seeds and make the presentation.:holysheep: hardly worthy of praise.

So excuse my ignorance Umbra, but where do the seeds come from?

Aren't you growing some now, or are you doing something different?

not growing any ghs. given a choice between ghs and mr nice...nr nice EVERYTIME

FUM said:
Where are the PIC's? Peace out

Here are some samples from this years Cup.

works 200.JPG

umbra said:
not growing any ghs. given a choice between ghs and mr nice...nr nice EVERYTIME

What strains of mr nice wld you recommend? Just went to the Mr. Nice seed bank and there are quite a few choices...

Hamster Lewis said:
What strains of mr nice wld you recommend? Just went to the Mr. Nice seed bank and there are quite a few choices...
What kind of high do you like? IMO their black widow is much better than ghs white widow.

the chef said:
Sweet what was the sweetest tasting?

Cheese, by far is the sweetest tasting stuff I had out there. Barney's had a strain called Dr. Grinspoon that was not far off.

Latest posts

Back