Cant Get Them Right!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ganjawarrior

Reaction score
Some of my plants have gone a very light green colour and very poor looking. I had problems while in veg but with help on here we found out that i had a phosphorus problem because i wasnt PHing my water and was getting nute lockout. That was 3 weeks ago and they started looking a bit better but now nearly half of them have gone very light green but the other half are very healthy looking. They are both being fed the same CANNA FLORES nutes and my water is at 6.5. So i had tested the run off today and found the healthy looking plants were at 5.4 and the poor looking plants were 4.6. I think this is too low but you no more than me. I am growing in soil but it is only a cheap soil with no nutrients (last time i use this). They are a few days short of being 3 weeks in flower and i need to sort this out quick if i dont want to ruin my yield so please help! Thanks :bong2:

I am not a soil grower but I have tried it a bit and found that my plants hold very well when I try to keep the PH as close to 6.8 as possible. I haven't checked runoff in a while on mine since I got the PH holding straight on 6.8 going in. I know the water PH coming out of the soil will be lower than going in because of the soil holding some of the chems, but that sounds too low.

How much and how often are you feeding them? Have you put any sweet lime in the soil with the plants? Is the Canna Flores organic or chem nutes?

I am guessing poor soil with no buffers is causing you problems. It really is quite important to start with the right soil mixture.

What is the pH of the water after you add the nutes? What PPM are you running? Are you feeding flowering nutes? How much?

The PH after add nutes is 6.5 and yes the CANNA FLORES is flowering nutes i am giving them what is says on the bottle to give and that is 5ml per 1 litre of water. I feed them evey other day. They look like they have a nitrogen deficency to me but im in my 3rd week of flower in a couple of days and i wanted to start using some super bud nutes will it be alrite to do so? oh and no sweet lime with the soil either just plain old rubbish soil!

I wouldn't think the soil having little to no nutes in would be an issue, but it does have to a good enough quality medium so that it will hold the nutes that you put into it. It sounds like they just didn't get enough veg nutes to sustain them during veg due to the lockout problem you had. What is the NPK values of the "Flores"?

Also I would get some dolomitic lime and add a good handful to each pot and work it into the soil some with a small rake(but be careful to not break roots by digging too deep) then water it in with next (plain)watering. That will help stabilize the PH more :)

The NPK is 2-2-4 i know it aint very high in nutes but i was going to start adding a stimulant and some PK 13-14 if you think thats wise?

When i feed today im going to raise my PH a bit from 6.5 to 6.8 like you said and see if that will raise the PH of the soil a bit then after about a week ill check the run off again.Thanks

Do you have a TDS meter to check the level of nutrients that you are putting in? That seems to be about right but the NPK is a tad low. Once you get the PH a little higher you should see some improvement. I would say to increase the dosage to about 8ml per L of water on the next feeding and get the PH a little higher should do the trick, but you need a TDS meter to really know where you are before adding the PK13-14 :) If you don't have the cash for the meter, you can risk it by upping the base dosage(8ml) and adding 2-3ml of PK with it on the next feeding(and get the PH higher) and see how they do. If it is too much you will see the leaf tips get a little burnt but I suspect you will be fine. :)

Okay hushpuppy i will give it a go. Ive already fed them today but i will try what you said on the next feed. Im gonna stick with the PH at 6.8 for a while and see how they are. Thanks for the help hushpuppy hopefully i wont need you again for the rest of this grow! lol
:bong2: :joint:

Latest posts

Back