Carbon filter question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budbob

Just another lover of MJ
Reaction score
I'm sort of thinking of designing a grow cabinet. I just wanted to know if venting with a carbon filter into an open room poses any health risks. I'm not entirely sure of what kind of airborne pollutants if any would be produced. Thanks.

budbob said:
I'm sort of thinking of designing a grow cabinet. I just wanted to know if venting with a carbon filter into an open room poses any health risks. I'm not entirely sure of what kind of airborne pollutants if any would be produced. Thanks.[/quote

You can sift your activated charcoal.. to get the "dustier" particals out..and all depends on what your useing i know the kitty litter.. with the silica is a ("lil") scketchy since silica dust isnt good for you.. other then that i cannot see any huge concern... play hard and safe man..
LH

They use carbon filters in most air and water filters to purify the air/water so I would think it is not harmful.

:yeahthat:
britta water filters are made out of carbon and iron. its made for air and venting into a separate space, i dont think they would make it harmful

i agree with LEFT on this one.... as long as you're able to most of the dust out of the charcoal before you turn your fans on you should be alright.... if you get a filter with a dust cover on it, no concerns at all....

the only way the charcoal can be harmful is if it caught fire and you inhaled the smoke.... no other health concerns that i've ever heard of....

Latest posts

Back