cave people got stoned on weed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

viper

Reaction score
29 Dec 2008 - Researchers have tumbled on nearly two pounds of still-green plant material identified as the world's oldest marijuana stash, found in a 2,700-year-old grave in the Gobi Desert, in a remote part of China.
The cache of cannabis is about 2,700 years old and was clearly "cultivated for psychoactive purposes," rather than as fibre for clothing or as food, says a research paper in the Journal of Experimental Botany. A barrage of tests proves the marijuana possessed potent psychoactive properties and casts doubt on the theory that the ancients only grew the plant for hemp in order to make clothing, rope and other objects.

Neolithic Ganja lol

and a reeeeally good reason for discovering fire, too!! :p

they didnt have pipes I dont think they found any at the site is that right viper? I figure they threw it in the fire or ate it. maybe even tea.

Talk about a serious cure...and still possessing psycoactive properties 2700 years later.

Just one more notch on the board for weed...... No expiration date :)

The most common theory for " smoking" as told to me by a__________________ brain fart. The ___________threw in on the fire and would use their capes/ clothing to capture the smoke from the hashish.

I think one of the methods was to toss the plants on coals or the like and gather under a canopy that trapped the smoke. I'm guessing it was by invitation... The shamans and priests did more than boggart those ceremonial offerings. They prohibited common use. Then again, some tribes (we're all in one tribe or another and I'll post the link in a post or two) just liked to share.

peace and pot

Latest posts

Back