Classical music?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Icex420

Smokaturkey
Reaction score
I know its a proven scientific fact that some plants grow better while listening to classical music.

Now is this just the slow kind of classical or will bethoveen's flight of the bumblebee make my chronic grow like mad? litterally....

Im downloading classical music to put on my laptop and i plan on playing it constantly in my growroom. anyone tried this? lmao.. starting to sound like a possible waste of electricity..

But would sad sounding classical be bad for my plants? Hmmm...

Voice your opinions thanks !

I myself listen to grindcore etc. hard evil ****. if i played that it would be a reverse effect. =/

dude how are you putting up with the crap music ha.... well if you know its a scientific fact why you ask sounds like you starting to second guess your scientific fact??? IMO.

I was really wondering if anyone else has ever tried it..

but im also unsure of the fast vs slow style classical.. you would think quicker right? with a moe uppity beat. ehh

Don't knock it souljahs! Some good Chopin with the bass up, don't knock it till you try it. My babies like Big Band:D

There is more to music than pissing off adults

are you serious? You are calling that scientifically proven. That looks to me like the results of a grade 3 science experiment... sorry it was a grade 5 science fair project

I saw this on the discovery channel... Sounds like grounds for a grower to experiment with..

Here's a start

According to the Plant Physiology Information Website, "...Plants have no ears to hear and no brain to process or develop musical taste or music appreciation...so any attempts to show relationships between music forms and growth or other responses have met with total failure in the hands of true scientists."

maybe it has somethin to due with the sound waves say tiny sound waves/vibrations or their rythmic pattern or somethin?...
i myself like to roll like 3 or four fattys and go country road cruisin and bout after the 2nd smoke i pop in my classical mp3 cd so i got liek 200 plus songs on one disc and it like lull's my brain when i get way high. almost theraputic for me anyways. and when i come home and watch some videos on tv or radio of mainstream music it feels irritating to my mind and ears. lol call me weird but for real i love the effect of a few smokes and some good classical music.
am i alone wit this or anyone else dig it too?
the odd part is that my normal choise of music is metal or rock and i can only listen to classical when i'm alone and high as heck. works when i'm really stressed.

Timmyjg6 said:
I saw this on the discovery channel... Sounds like grounds for a grower to experiment with..

Yea, They did an experiment on Mythbusters. If I remember correctly they had three different greenhouses, one with classical, one with heavy metal, and one with no music, and I am pretty sure the best growth came from the heavy metal.

Not that mythbusters is the most reputable source or anything, but in the little trial they did, their results showed that the plants respomded best to heavy metal.. They didn't test techno as far as I know though, so if its just the most intense audible flux that matters, then that may be superior..
My hypothesis though is that it may be related to the EM fields created by the speaker coils.. I've seen more than a few tests like this, and they all use speakers.. I've never seen any superior plan performance near intense natural sounds, but I have noticed better performance near intense EM fields like HV lines..
BTW, classical music rocks.. Most of those guys were the artistic rebels of their time..

Stonerman said:
Yea, They did an experiment on Mythbusters. If I remember correctly they had three different greenhouses, one with classical, one with heavy metal, and one with no music, and I am pretty sure the best growth came from the heavy metal.

Im pretty sure it was the worst that came from heavy metal..

And i am aware that the link i provided was a science fair project. there are hundreds of stories on this on yahoo. i just picked the second one down.

Latest posts

Back