Cleaning pieces?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kasia

stoner *****
Reaction score
Does anyone know any good cleaning techniques for water pipes?
I've already let it soak in alcohol for a day but I just can NOT seem to get rid of this disgusting resin ring! :(

HELP!!!​

I used to have a two foot bong that I boiled out all the time. As long as the water covered the base bubble where all the grime was it worked.

Ohhh okay! Didn't think of that! I'll give it a try!

Hopefully it works. I hate dirty bong taste! :bongin:

Glass pipes can be cleaned by shaking it in a ziplock filled with 99% isopropyl alcohol and some table.

King Bud said:
Glass pipes can be cleaned by shaking it in a ziplock filled with 99% isopropyl alcohol and some table.

I should have been more specific...

It's a bong.
I got everything clean except for one stop that just does NOT want to let go of the resin.

That trick should eat through just about anything.. but maybe try a bent wire hanger with some tissue on the end to scrape it off without leaving a scratch.

:)

King Bud said:
That trick should eat through just about anything.. but maybe try a bent wire hanger with some tissue on the end to scrape it off without leaving a scratch.

:)

Got it clean!

Acetone and a toothbrush! :D

add sea salt to your alcohol to make a slurry

*alcohol must be 91%+

ive found that it dosent take 90%.. ijust use regular old salt and rubbin alcohol and it gets it clean as whistle

I always use 90% isopropyl and salt, shake well and rinse. works better then 420 cleaners and lot less expensive.

weedmasta said:
ive found that it dosent take 90%.. ijust use regular old salt and rubbin alcohol and it gets it clean as whistle
I dont like rubbbing alc. cause it has lube in it I found Iso Alc. (not rub) works best. But adding salt sounds good.

Yup yup yup...

Alcohol and epsom salts do the trick for me... A few pennies worth of Iso Alcohol and the Epsom salt is really cheap too and nice and chunky so it's great for helping scrub off the funk. The key is to clean your bong at least once a week so the grime doesn't get a chance to bond with the glass. Once it does that you need to take a brush to it ime...

Peace~! :cool:

Iso and sea salt for me....I clean my piece once a week at least.

Yup Me too.....90% Iso and rock salt (of which I have an endless supply from my water softner system)

Works on even the most vile pieces!

chronic orange I think works great I use it all the time u can get it at any head shop

i had a bubbler that was so bad that iso and salt wouldnt even get parts of it clean so i took a chance and put it in my self cleaning oven on the cleaning cycle and that worked great! ive only done it once so i dont know if repeatedly doing that might weaken the glass but if i just clean it once a week or so then i shouldnt have to cook it again

Latest posts

Back