conversion ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fruity86

Reaction score
hello guys and gals im haveing abit of a problem finding out what conversion my ec meter is ive been looking for the last couple hours on the net and cant find out i was just wondering if any of you guys/gals have the same 1 and could help me out the meter is ADWA ad-204
thanks in advance fruity

hxxp://www.growforce.co.uk/categories/51/ec-nutirient-meters.html

If measuring EC there is no conversion. It is only when converting EC to ppm that there is a mathematical equation(conversion) of either .5 or .7

pcduck said:
If measuring EC there is no conversion. It is only when converting EC to ppm that there is a mathematical equation(conversion) of either .5 or .7

hey pc thats what im trying 2 do find out witch 1 it is so i can convert to ppm thanks for the reply

it looks like a EC meter and not a ppm meter to me. There is no conversion when working with EC

pcduck said:
it looks like a EC meter and not a ppm meter to me. There is no conversion when working with EC
hello again pc yes it is a ec meter
i dont no if im wording my ? the right way or im not getting what your trying to say in the graph below the hanna meter is a conversion of .5 and the truchen is .7 witch makes the ppm 2 completley diffrent reading if i go of the ec i dont need to convert ( i think) but if i want the ppm i have to convert it from the ec on my meter and to convert it i need to know the conversion of my meter if its .5 or .7 am i right :confused:

[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]0.5

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] EC[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] Hanna
[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] Eutech
[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] Truncheon
[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] CF [/FONT] [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] ms /cmppm
[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] 0.64 ppm[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] 0.70 ppm[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] 0[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] 0.1[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]50 ppm
[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] 64 ppm[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] 70 ppm[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] 1[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] 0.2[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]100 ppm[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] 128 ppm[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] 140 ppm[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] 2[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] 0.3[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]150 ppm[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] 192 ppm[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] 210 ppm[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] 3[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] 0.4[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]200 ppm[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] 256 ppm[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] 280 ppm[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] 4[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] 0.5[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]250 ppm[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] 320 ppm[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] 350 ppm[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] 5[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] 0.6[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]300 ppm[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] 384 ppm[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] 420 ppm[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] 6[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] 0.7[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]350 ppm[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] 448 ppm[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] 490 ppm[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] 7[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] 0.8[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]400 ppm[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] 512 ppm[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] 560 ppm[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] 8[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] 0.9[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]450 ppm[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] 576 ppm[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] 630 ppm[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] 9[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] 1.0[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]500 ppm[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] 640 ppm[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] 700 ppm[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] 10[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif] [/FONT]

ok lets see. your meter is an EC meter and reads EC and you want to know ppms. Either mutiply by .05 or .07 to get ppms.

A ppm meter reads the nute solution and converts it by either .5 or .7 internally.

What you need to know is what the conversion method is of the meter on what information you are reading ppms off of

Lets say I have a ppm of 500 and you want to know what your EC would be, you would need to know what type/conversion method my meter was . not yours

yes thats it pc i was asking if any 1 had the same meter and could tell me b/c i cant find it anywhere thanks for the reply

There will not be one. you have a EC meter. Only ppm meters use a conversion

A ppm meter reads the EC then converts it internally, an EC meter does not/will not do this

pcduck said:
ok lets see. your meter is an EC meter and reads EC and you want to know ppms. Either mutiply by .05 or .07 to get ppms.

im abit confused now in this post you said i could mutiply it by .5 or .7
can i still do this manually on a calculator and use .7 so it give the highest reading so i no im not going to strong on the nutes ?

You can multiply it but your meter will not

just use EC for your own reference point

EC is EC not matter where or what you are looking at

PPm is what the conversion number is always changing depending on the manufactor

If I was keeping records It would be easier to remember an EC of 1.0 then have to remember a ppm of 700 or 500 depending on the meter.

pcduck said:
You can multiply it but your meter will not

yes i no the meter will not thanks all i was trying to find out was if any1 new witch conversion to use with this meter so i could be bang on i gess il just use the .7 that way if it is the .7 it will be bang on and if its the .5 it will be under and not the other way round and over thanks again pc we got there in the end :)

It depends on the reading from the other growers meter it has nothing to do with your meter. You will need to know what the other growers ppm meter is and what conversion that their meter is

If I tell you i have a ppm of 500 while using a .5 conversion meter it does you no good to use .7. You still need to know my meters conversion number.

pcduck said:
It depends on the reading from the other growers meter it has nothing to do with your meter. You will need to know what the other growers ppm meter is and what conversion that their meter is
that was part of the ? has any1 got this meter ann can tell me the conversion thank again pc

There is no conversion number for your meter

Your meter is an EC meter. only ppm meters have and use a conversion number

I just do not know how to explain this any easier.

An EC meter does not use a conversion number

pc i no your only trying to help but if a ppm meter can be converted to ec internally why cant an ec meter be converted to ppm manually (calculator)

EC is a measure of Electrical Conductivity from two probes 1cm apart. 1 EC is = 1 microsiemens, to convert from EC to siemens multiply by 1E-6. EC can be converted to PPM by multiplying by 500. PPM can be converted to EC by dividing by 500. To convert from siemens to Ohms is s=1/ohms, you can also go the other way and do ohm=1/s for siemens to ohms. Siemens is also known as Mhos.
i sorry to peck your head just cant get my head round why you say it cant be converted when ppm can be converted to ec

You can do it with equations but your meter is not gonna do it for you

This is what a ppm meter does: the meter measures the EC then converts it to ppm internally from EC to ppm and gives a numeric readout.

This is what a EC meter does: the meter measures the EC and gives a numeric readout.

EC is a more accurate way to measure your nute solution then ppm, just b/c of this issue your are having with conversions between different manufacturers.

Lets say I tell you I am running my nute at 1.0 EC. Well then you would know to diall yours to 1.0 also.

Now lets say I am running my nutes at 500 ppm. And you want to dial your in too, but first you would need to know what meter I have in order to know what conversion number to use. If you would assume that my meter was a .5(hanna) but it was really a .7 meter then you would be 200 ppms light of my actual amount of nutes. See what I am getting at. And of course you can always do anything manually, but to ask what number to use, it is up to the type of meter the original readings were taken from and has nothing to do with your meter

Latest posts

Back