cooling the bulb

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbr7515

Reaction score
. so my box will be 3'wx3'dx6'h the top will be open for cooling. can i just hang a fan blowing kinda upward at an angle near the bulb.blowing heat up and out? 400watt open hood, no cool tube. budget would not allow for cool tube. its still a learning process for me

You can do that to remove the heat but you will also need some openings at the bottom of the box to allow the cool air to come in as the hotter air is going out. The only issue with that kind of setup is having openings will allow outside light to come in during the 12hr dark period when flowering.

During the vegging phase the lighting should be on at least 18hrs but 24hrs is best. At this time, ambient light intrusion isn't important, but during the flowering period, you need to switch the lighting so that you have 12hrs on/ 12hrs off continually until harvest, with NO light intrusions during the "dark period" :) If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask :)

thanks!! what if i use auto flowering plants? no issues right??

Yes that is correct. There would be no issues with auto flowers :)

auto's will be a new area.as will be growing indoor serious grow,

question. safest distance to keep 400watt light,open hood from plant

Depends on a lot of factors, like for instance the age of your plants. I would say 18" would be a safe starting point. Most people on this site say to put your hand at the top of the plant and if the light isn't uncomfortable to your hand you plants should be fine.

Oh by the way, The Hemp Goddess has a nice DIY thread on how to build a cheap cooltube. Figured you might find it useful.

i thought about using the 'bake a round' and yes i have saw her diy. very good and she has always been very helpful.

Latest posts

Back