Couple Wants $200,000 For Ruined Pot Plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FruityBud

Reaction score
When Jim Masters and his wife Lisa were arrested in 2006 for marijuana cultivation, the police confiscated 39 marijuana plants and put their daughter in protective custody. They got their daughter back in two months, but it took a year to get the charges dropped and their plants returned — and by then, all of their plants had died.

In most states, the story would end there. But the Colorado medical marijuana statute has a unique property rights clause, barring police from harming or destroying plants. Now the couple is seeking $200,000 from the the police department to reimburse them for the cost of the plants.

hxxp://tinyurl.com/59oggf

Get up stand up, stand up for your right!!
The more people who stand and fight, the quicker this war against the people will end. Join your brothers and sisters and fight for whats right, never back down. Peace and Love!!!!
Roken.

California needs a clause like that, it sounds like justice has been served, if the post above mine is true.

Fadeux said:
Yes! They should win, but not at the taxpayers expense. That 200k should come out of the pensions of every cop involved...
This isn't the first case of this sort in CO, nor the last ;)..When are the taxpayers going to open their eyes, ehh?
At very least, it should come out of their physcal budget.

There has also been a few cases like this in Cali, and the patients have won.

It has been an impact on state and local goverments to pay folks off for false arrests.
Hence, The AG of california has taken the stance that if a person shows an officer Medical Paperwork, they are to NOT touch anything, but take pics and let the local DA decide if they want to prosecute.

Hick said:
This isn't the first case of this sort in CO, nor the last ;)..When are the taxpayers going to open their eyes, ehh?
At very least, it should come out of their physcal budget.

I want to know when the taxpayers are going to hire me to take care of confiscated plants during court proceedings. I'll work for less than $200k/yr. Promise...

Latest posts

Back