Curiousity - phone outages yesterday

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MJ Passion

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Hi all, I was effected by the AT&T issues yesterday. Was very weird having a phone that would do everything but call out (no carrier).

The Consumer Cellular was not working either. It took some investigating that it was a nationwide issue with a few carriers. I later learned that supposedly it was a massive solar flare.

How many of you were effected?

Hi all, I was effected by the AT&T issues yesterday. Was very weird having a phone that would do everything but call out (no carrier).

The Consumer Cellular was not working either. It took some investigating that it was a nationwide issue with a few carriers. I later learned that supposedly it was a massive solar flare.

I'm on AT&T network in Texas, but was unaffected.

Im on Verizon and had no service even though my phone said 5 bars or 5G.
Couldnt do anything on my phone for quite a few hours, im on vacation in Maine right now.

My daughter and her family's plan was for s few hours yesterday early.

Is being called a cyber attack. Was also mostly targeted at Pharmacies. People were unable to get scripts filled too. Whether it was or not is really unknown. Personally...I think it was deliberate and done by our own people, but thats a story for another day.

Is being called a cyber attack. Was also mostly targeted at Pharmacies. People were unable to get scripts filled too.
This is what i heard while i was standing in line at Walgreens waiting for meds lol.
Personally...I think it was deliberate and done by our own people, but thats a story for another day.
But i also 100% agree with this, our country is fekked.
We all are up shts creek without paddles.

I am suppose to get some credit from AT&T for the outage. I've not looked at the details yet. My internet may have been out, but it was the one evening/next day that I was staying at my aunt's to help her with some things, so I was on a different internet.

I should have taken my hand held ham radio with me to see what it was doing. If it had been a sun flare, then the bands should have been acting differnetly.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back