day 39 flowering! need help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REEFER CHEEFER

Reaction score
ok so im on day 39 and am growing an unknown strand and i need to know when to harvest? now i have heared about depriving the plant so that the bud will fattin up can any one give me some more general knowlege about harvesting? P.s. this is my first grow and i only have one plant

Wow. To much to explain.

We need pics. Is it an indica? Sativa?

What color are the tric's?

ok iv been told its indica dominent. and the trics are 90% clear. il take some pics right now!

here are some pics!

P9051014.JPG

P9051015.JPG

P9051016.JPG

P9051017.JPG

P9051018.JPG

P9051019.JPG

P9051021.JPG

P9051022.JPG

if they're clear/cloudy, you will have an uppity high. if they are more amber, you will have a narcotic kind of high. indica dominants have a narcotic high tendency already, so factor that in when you are deciding when to harvest.

most of the pistils (if not all) should have turned from white to yellow/orange/red depending on the strain.

I like mine early, but that's is looking too early even for me. Just to take a shot, I would give them another week or two before you chopped. Then it should be nice, floaty an potent.

That plant doesn't look like India to me; I could be wrong, though. I say that, because the leaves appear to be long and skinny.

Regardless of what strain it is, I'd say that you have at least three weeks before it's ready. But observe the trichomes for ripeness.

i have had people tell me that it looks both sativa and indaca but more indaca than sativa. ok so three to two weeks to go. and oh im a first time grower what am i looking for in the trics when you say ripeness! And heres a pic of the fan leave it looks pretty fat for sativa. what do yall think

P9051023.JPG

REEFER CHEEFER said:
i have had people tell me that it looks both sativa and indaca but more indaca than sativa. ok so three to two weeks to go. and oh im a first time grower what am i looking for in the trics when you say ripeness! And heres a pic of the fan leave it looks pretty fat for sativa. what do yall think

Looking good, but yeah, you are three weeks away as Alistair mentioned. You should go to the Harvesting section and/or do a search on "trichomes" - this is more important than the pistil themselves changing color, which can be a very rough indicator at best.

Cheers,

Yo Ho REEFER CHEEFER,

You have what appears to be a genetically blended mix of both Sativa, and Indica. My best guess is that you are dealing with a mix of

70% Indica
30% Sativa

It would also appear that you are doing a very good job to date.
Your lady is totally beautifull, and you are to be patted on the back. The good folks here are commenting pretty well on your grow. Remember that we are not there, but the pics are most encouraging.
Hard to say truly how much longer before your chop.
You are the one that get's to do the hard work now. Hard because it will require you to be observant and patient. Make certain that you have a good magnifier to help you to get real good looks at the trichs. 30x is what I would say is minimal when looking at them.
You can pop off small popcorns, dry them carefully, and have a quick taste. You might consider doing this every other day while watching the trichs at the same time. At some point your gonna love what your tasting. Party On, LOL
Chillaxe and let it all happen, but be observant and read, read , read. This is your time bro. I think your going along very smooth.

Now if you still feel uncertain, I would be glad to offer my tasting services, and I will stick to the job no matter what, LOL

Good growing friend, well done, almost

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna:cool:

Latest posts

Back