daylight saving NOOOOOOOO!!!!! pls help :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We got a problem,

Daylight saving came into effect this weekend and everyday the light is increasing by 2 minutes. by the end of april it will be 14 - 16 hours daylight. We got our grow room all kitted out, what we dont have is blackout curtains.

Every morning the light shines through the thin curtains for about 20 minutes showing a dull blue glow, when the light turns off at night they are exposed to the sun setting through the window as well.

We got a couple of weeks left till harvest, will this slight light leakage either side of the dark photoperiod do any harm to the flowering process?

any quick fix ideas anyone?

well, think of us as down right broke lol.

we could hang something up over the curtains seeing as they are taped shut to stop neighbours looking at the grow room. The only advantage of the daylight saving is that we dont have to block the HPS as its now light when the light go out.. :(:(:(:(:(

Hang whatever ya can over the window to keep that light from coming in. You guys gotta have something laying around the crib. ;)

How much tape you got? Ha ha, sorry I'm high. What's funny is I'm actually serious, got a roll of ductape laying around?

throw ur skibs ur tshirts blankets what ever u can find lol hell throw riz up there and duck tape him to the window lmao good luck bro

haha, yeah, more like Riz taping ME to the wall!!

I think we could tape up some spare curtains and a few sleeping bags.. that should blot out the sunrise and sunset. it is a really big window though so we got to cover about 7' up 12' across roughly. time to dig out some old sheets from the 70's or something. hey... we could find one of them charity dumpsters that people chuck old clothes into.. yeah people pee in them for some reason.. we could pull a few pee smelling sheets outta there.

just kidding lol, that wud make our buds smell of ammonia :eek:

we got the curtains taped to the wall so the only light getting through comes through the curtains... maybe put an extra layr of curtains from another room....

I don't think it will matter. When they grow outside they're exposed to moonlight. I've grown outside for years and never really bought in to the total darkness thing being theres so much ambient light outside(moon, stars, etc.). Your babies should be fine, curtains or no.

Sticky_Budz said:
throw ur skibs ur tshirts blankets what ever u can find lol hell throw riz up there and duck tape him to the window lmao good luck bro

:rofl: lol :rofl: sticky budz thats some funny stuff lol.. man im high and loving it.. off our own grow! for the first time! feels sooo good lol.. and the great thing is i know these babys can only get stronger!! :eek: :drools:

yeah bombudpuffa my friend, i totally agree with you, but im still not sure i wanna risk ruining our crop as this stuff is the shiznito bam snip snap sam! lol :tokie:

the_riz said:
:rofl: lol :rofl sticky budz thats some funny stuff lol.. man im high and loving it.. off our own grow! for the first time! feels sooo good lol.. and the great thing is i know these babys can only get stronger!! :eek: :drools:

yeah bombudpuffa my friend, i totally agree with you, but im still not sure i wanna risk ruining our crop as this stuff is the shiznito bam snip snap sam! lol :tokie:
lol glad u got a laugh out of that lol. its great to hear that ur blasted off ur own **** man thats great. its so much better where its ur own lol . i just cut some small nugs off the bottom of my plant today lol. have a great night man. start my new job tomorrow yay lol im out peace.

16oz cup 007.jpg

16oz cup 006.jpg

16oz cup 005.jpg

aaaaaaa 029.jpg

Hey SB thanks man, we are havin a good night! :stoned: lol.. i got some popcorn in our 'lil pipe lined up for ya incase your tasty lookin buds arnt quite dry enough to rack up... man im in a good place right now :fly:

yah man!.. we took a couple more thismorning, i was gonna use this as a method of knowing when to harvest, as you said the popcorn buds loose there smell after a while because the thc glands havent opened up, well if i pick a little popcorn every few days, when it keeps its smell? its close to harvest im guessing.

Latest posts

Back