Deputies Bust Indoor Marijuana Farm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FruityBud

Reaction score
WINTER HAVEN | Deputies arrested two Winter Haven residents after finding about 100 marijuana plants inside their house while responding to a home invasion call early Monday morning, according to the Polk County Sheriff's Office.

After investigators found Virgilio De La Paz, 33, and Barbara Rodriguez, 28, in a closet, the two were arrested and were charged with cultivation of cannabis, maintaining a dwelling for drug use and trafficking in cannabis, reports said.

The pair, who live at 4312 Shadow Wood Trail, told deputies that two Spanish-speaking men came into their home, pistol-whipped De La Paz, and forced them both into a closet.

De La Paz was handcuffed and bleeding from a head wound when deputies found him, reports said.

The incident began shortly after 4 a.m. when patrol deputies received a call from a woman saying men with guns were inside her home.

And then the call was disconnected, deputies said.

When deputies arrived, the home invasion suspects were gone, and only the couple remained, reports said.

As deputies searched the home for the suspects, they located a marijuana grow operation in two rooms.

About 100 mature marijuana plants, valued at about $100,000, were removed from the home by narcotics detectives and will be destroyed.

The operation was elaborate, deputies described in reports.

Photographs showed the plants, which stood about 6-feet tall, growing in two rooms of the house. The first room showed positioned irrigation systems to water the plants and UV lights with reflectors to imitate sunlight.

Two other plants were being kept in a walk-in shower in the bathroom, photographs showed.

The home invasion suspects were described as two Hispanic men, between 5 feet, 6 inches and 6 feet tall, with masks covering their faces and carrying black semiautomatic handguns, the Sheriff's Office reported.

hxxp://tinyurl.com/6ja9uk

lol and she had the nerve to call the police... well thats what u get, its either ur life or ur weed... but idiot called the cops lol stupid lady

""The incident began shortly after 4 a.m. when patrol deputies received a call from a woman saying men with guns were inside her home.""

Loose lips.lol

I on the other hand feel so badly for these poor people. They were being robbed for goodness sake and then they were the ones arrested. That whole article about the growing operation and a sentence about the robber. The system is messed up, and these poor people fell victims to it.

Aurora_Indicas_Dad said:
thats sad..and this my friends is why i have a 12 guage shotty sitting 10 feet from me.its legal to possess and i can legally shoot someone that enters my house with force or without my ok.

Same Here :D

if that were the laws here then i guess id have a case cuz i'll be damned if someones gonna break in with my kids in here and my ladies up stairs.they enter without me opening the door for them and i know they have a weapon or theyre too big for me to knock out..theyre gettin put out of their missery..period.whether the goverment says its legal or not.at least i'll be alive to fight the case.and id do this whether i lived in US,uk,canada,africa,japan.thats one law us americans have that i agree with.if our lives are put in danger,we can legally protect ourselves by whatever mean necessary.as long as it doesnt put other peoples lives in danger.now if someone were breaking in,i cant shoot until they have entered my home...but you better believe that by the time they got in,id have them in the scope. it sounds like uk needs alot of reconstruction with their laws/rights.by what ive heard theyre very poor.

I dare someone to try to rob me...
I would love to give an example of just how well the military can train you.

Triple awarded expert marksman on 9mm M 16 (A1 echo 3) amongst other accomidations.

If someone is dumb enough to get close enough to you with a pistol to hit you with it...they deserve to be relieved of that weapon and become subdued themselves...

sheesh...learn how to protect yourself when dealing with illegal elements (Marijuana Indoor Cultivation)

so my question is, if those guys with the guns didnt take the greens, what did they take? maybe something else was going on too....

WOW!!! what a story..... So many different things to say here...
First off.... The masked mexicans woulda been really brave here to try that....

Second.. NEVER call the cops to your residence... Maybe to a disturbance on your street... but NEVER to your grow addy.

third..... WELL I am not gonna take this any farther cause this is a friendly forum...... and I like being here, so I will not advocate anything that can be construed as illegal here to get kicked off LOL........So I will leave it at that...

Aurora_Indicas_Dad said:
if that were the laws here then i guess id have a case cuz i'll be damned if someones gonna break in with my kids in here and my ladies up stairs.they enter without me opening the door for them and i know they have a weapon or theyre too big for me to knock out..theyre gettin put out of their missery..period.whether the goverment says its legal or not.at least i'll be alive to fight the case.and id do this whether i lived in US,uk,canada,africa,japan.thats one law us americans have that i agree with.if our lives are put in danger,we can legally protect ourselves by whatever mean necessary.as long as it doesnt put other peoples lives in danger.now if someone were breaking in,i cant shoot until they have entered my home...but you better believe that by the time they got in,id have them in the scope. it sounds like uk needs alot of reconstruction with their laws/rights.by what ive heard theyre very poor.

wait till they're in the house? the sheriffs in my neck o' the woods are known to conveiniently overlook the dragmarks from the porch into the house.

i agree aurora ind. dad 100% ruger 9mm in the safe and double barrel 10 gauge shotgun over and under. in the closet if someone is gonna come to my house and try to rob or mess with me u can bet that its over for them. ya i hear in the uk your leo's dont even carry guns!

Latest posts

Back