Did I plant to late????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spliffy McWeedyCakes

Reaction score
Dropped a handful of seeds into the ground late June as a soil test. Plant looks absolutely awesome, but I am afraid I missed my ideal window. No clue what the strain is, my guess is Sativa by the looks.

Live in the high desert and the plant gets 14 hours of hard sunlight daily. I'll have good temps through Oct but after that hard freezes are a definite. Fertilized with basic lawn turf builder believe or not, and thats when it started its growth spurt, grows visibly on a daily.

Its growing like a weed:p Stalk at ground is as big around as my thumb and the plant is only about 2 1/2 foot high.

Thanks for your tips, tricks, and insights:)

IMG_1202 (Custom).JPG

IMG_1205 (Custom).JPG

IMG_1206 (Custom).JPG

it looks healthy but i would say u need mor light durin the day. have u thought of transplanting the plant and bringing it inside

Don't have the means for an indoor transplant...have an Aerogarden Pro, but that aint gonna do it;)

Cross my fingers for an early bloom. Daylight hours were at 18+ when planted through July but I am losing about 3 minutes per day.

I think its showing sex but hard to tell. Will post macro pics soon

You may be pushing your window if it is a sativa, but otherwise you should be able to finish. MJ can handle a couple of mild frosts before succumbing to the cold.Maybe the frost will hold off to the first week or so of November.

have you used your aerogarden pro yet? i would love to see someone grow some lowryders in one. that would be cool.:) .

looks like you'll make it on the bud to me. what do you mean by, 'don't have the means for an indoor transplant'?

IRISH said:
have you used your aerogarden pro yet? i would love to see someone grow some lowryders in one. that would be cool.:) .

looks like you'll make it on the bud to me. what do you mean by, 'don't have the means for an indoor transplant'?

I have used the Aerogarden on many occasions for its intended purpose of growing lettuce, tomatoes, peepers, etc. Works awesome on that level. Although it is possible, I dont think MJ would grow well in it. There are a few folks on the net (Google is the devil and your friend;))that have started from clones I found while researching it. The bowl that houses the root structure is just too small for MJ to flourish properly me thinks. Also, there just isnt enough light...three CFL's wont produce the necessary light.

What I mean by bring ing indoors is I dont have any proper equipment:(

sir.stackhouse said:
do you have a male or is it female looks good if a female your not to late

Not showing sex yet....as far as I can tell anyway.

I'll snap some close-ups later today

If you are getting 14 hours sun a day, you are fine. What do you think about making a cover for them to block light after 12 hours every day? I was thinking some pvc framework with a plastic sheet cover to induce flowering. Looks good. If you get better nutes, they will reward you.

Do you have a grow store near you? They sell all kinds of good nutes, from inexpensive fish fert. to top of the line "designer" nutes. I go for organic, myself. I try to stay away from anything with Miracle Grow on the label, both their soil and nutes. Others have had good results, but there is better stuff out there.imho

Kind of out in the sticks...have a Wally World and I think one nursery. What do you guys suggest when it comes to the numbers?....i.e. 30/20/10

Spliffy McWeedyCakes said:
Kind of out in the sticks...have a Wally World and I think one nursery. What do you guys suggest when it comes to the numbers?....i.e. 30/20/10

not for flowering.

you need somthing like
ie
5-25-20
its not ideal but if you have no other choice buy shultz bloom fert from wally world.

i dont know why but i assumed you would be flowering soon, you 14 hrs of daylight is dwindling quickly and they will be budding soon, but have probably already started, regardless if you can tell yet.

Spliffy McWeedyCakes said:
What kind of nutes would you guys and gals suggest?
easy up on the grass fert looks like a little nut burn the tip of your leafs are burning make shure you let your water sit out for at least 8 hours before feeding your plants the reason why you would do this is to let the chemicals evaperate.do you have an osh hardware store if so get a bottle of orchid food called growmore its blue powder looking with numbers 6-30-30 if its female you will get big buds works great it will cost you about 5-6 us american dollers and go easy this will also burn your plant its like 1 teaspoon per gallon every other watering :D

All I could find for flowering nutes was Miracle-Grow Bloom Booster....15-30-15.

Cross my fingers for growth and flowering.

I have been flushing out the previous Turf Builder nutes (32-0-8) for a few weeks. New growth looks much better. I water the whole backyard daily due to the sun exposure and heat. Plant seems to handle daily soaking very well.

Newer pics posted...tried to get the same angle, I am judging growth by the knotholes in the fence. Its 3 foot high now and very, very bushy. So bushy, I lost the main stalk in the growth

100_5956 (Custom).JPG

100_5957 (Custom).JPG

100_5958 (Custom).JPG

Latest posts

Back