Discovered UNDERCOVER SURVEILLANCE TEAM In My Yard Today! (I Took Pictures)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snaxforgandhi

On a mission...apparently
Reaction score
Beware Crafty LEOs Brothers and Sisters!!!

I was on my way out to check my girlies this afternoon, and as I stepped out onto my porch I found these three suspicious lookin' characters in my front yard! :eek: Oh sure, they look cute and fuzzy... That's what they want you to think! They don't fool me though; look closely at the close-up on number one. Looks like grass he's chewin' on, right? WRONG! It's actually a small wireless transmitter, he was reporting back to headquarters that their cover had been blown! See the antenna on top of his head? Dead give away! I'll give them this: Those are incredibly lifelike disguises! Right down to the yearling spikes. Man, the lengths LEOs go to for a bust these days. :cop: I know they weren't real bull elk though, 'cuz as soon as I asked what they were doin' in my yard they ran off! :bolt: Blown? I think so! Mrs. Snax thinx I'm nuts :rolleyes:, but what does she know?

Seriously though, Snax cannot find words to express how righteous it is for an old boy from LA to finally live someplace where the elk come to graze in his yard. How cool is that! :cool: I stood out there on my porch for probably 25 minutes with 'em. They just glanced up at me, then went about their business. I will admit that the thought crossed my mind to go grab my bow and get me some freezer meat, but it's smack between early and late archery season for elk here (sorry Oz, I wanted to though!). Besides, it was too easy; it would seem like cheatin' Still, Snax is truly blessed brothers and sisters, truly blessed. I LOVE WHERE I LIVE!!!

Gratefully,

~Snax (He Who Lurks.... with elk)

porchelk1 (2).jpg

porchelk2 (2).jpg

porchelk3 (3).jpg

Those look all fems, maybe a good omen! watch out fer the buck they can get huge. Dunno that first pic..hmm.... looks like an antennea set up to me.

the chef said:
Those look all fems...
Nope! Them'er pure bull wapiti bachelors from the Nooksack herd! :) They're yearlings though, hence the spike antlers. Cows don't grow 'em.

the Chef said:
...watch out fer the buck they can get huge...
Tell me about it! The big alpha 7-point bull that these young bachelors shadow can be seen out on my road sometimes. He goes 1000lbs+ if he's an ounce, just HUGE! He walks to the middle of the highway right at the end of my road and stops traffic, then stands there glaring at all the cars while his harem crosses the road. The way he stands there, all badboy, it's like he's just daring anyone to drive through. I like my truck too much to try him!

the Chef said:
...looks like an antennea set up to me...
That what I thought! Crafty critters! ;)

~Snax

Those damn LEO will try anything if they think they can get away with it :p

Nice pics Snax, you really had me going for a moment :rofl:

:peace:

undercover elk...nice. I think I see a bullet proof vest under the front ones fur...

Do the guys who are in the rear of the elk suits get hazard pay?

PencilHead said:
..only in September pencil'... :rofl:

I was thinking a little more along the lines of mandantory Beeno dosing.

Is that CRACK you are growing in that white pot on the porch? That CRACK is what they are onto you about. Get rid of the CRACK.

I have a family of LEO raccoons that come up to the back door. Never underestimate your enemy.

looks like your the one getting lurked on snax. i'da had to to some crowd control myself...Irish...

but it's smack between early and late archery season for elk here (sorry Oz, I wanted to though!).

Oz wouldn't have harvested either, I don't hunt illegally for the porch but let 1 of them walking meat deli's cross my path in the woods >>>>------------>

Those are the FBI=Fart Breath Inspectors

Hey snax...

Gorgeous piece of the world you're in there... blessed indeed. I'm a Colorado native... just being in the mountains centers my chi. :eek: Can't blame ya for escaping from LA.... I got outta there in '92... the biggest drawback is that you're a LONG way from an In-n-Out, Snax.... Is THIS progress...? :confused:

How GREAT is the internet? Al Gore is a GENIUS! :D It only took me about 20 sec to find this pic, snax... This guy was the Tactical Commander... he stayed back in the van with one doe and an elk cow... This guy obviously KNOWs how to have a good time! ;)

LOVE yer posts! fun stuff...

Peace! :cool:

smokinElk.jpg

OldHippieChick said:
Is that CRACK you are growing in that white pot on the porch? That CRACK is what they are onto you about. Get rid of the CRACK.
Curses! You've discovered my secret CRACK plant! I might have to "make you an offer you cannot refuse" to ensure your silence. Beware! Bewaaaaare!

dirtyolsouth said:
...the biggest drawback is that you're a LONG way from an In-n-Out, Snax.... Is THIS progress...? :confused:
Man, I had just managed to forget about In-N-Out, and you had to go reminding me...:p Now I can't stop thinking about it. We used to hit the one on Atlantic & Garfiled in Alhambra 'cuz they stayed open 'til like 1:00am. It's almost worth flying back for an Animal Style 4x4 with fries well-done. :aok: Yum. We got a little cafe up the highway that tries hard, but it's just not the same, ya know?

ozzydiodude said:
...but let 1 of them walking meat deli's cross my path in the woods >>>>------------>
I'm right there with ya' brother. I can almost taste that backstrap, all wrapped in bacon, juices hissin' and sizzlin' on the grill... YUM! :aok: Had no joy in September 'cuz there's a 3-point only limit in my unit for early season, but that lifts in later this month and it's all fair game for 2 weeks. I can't bloody wait!

I hear it too,

That's elk wrapped in bacon sizzling there and strips of a quartering crossgrain cut into the smoker. I'm partial towards orange wood, or pecan, maybe a third piece of wood that is mesquite. I have a great family recipe that we have kept for generations. MMMMMmmmmMMMM good stuff...

smoke in peace
Kingkahuuna:cool:

KingKahuuna said:
I hear it too,

That's elk wrapped in bacon sizzling there and strips of a quartering crossgrain cut into the smoker. I'm partial towards orange wood, or pecan, maybe a third piece of wood that is mesquite. I have a great family recipe that we have kept for generations. MMMMMmmmmMMMM good stuff...

smoke in peace
Kingkahuuna:cool:
Sounds delicious! I've never tried orange before, what's it like? I'm partial to alder and, since it's a staple in my neck-o-the-woods, a little apple thrown on at the last. YUM!

~Snax

i've never been hunting, although i'm trying to coax my friend into taking me this year... that would be pretty awesome.... although this time of year, my weekend priority becomes snowboarding, and that can be a very time consuming hobby.

Smot_poker said:
i've never been hunting, although i'm trying to coax my friend into taking me this year... that would be pretty awesome.... although this time of year, my weekend priority becomes snowboarding, and that can be a very time consuming hobby.
Snowboarding is big fun, no doubt. But they don't taste nearly as good as venison!

~Snax

Latest posts

Back