Do you have a pet Chicken?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah cock fights are awesome ... except for ppl that love animals to much... but its a good way to make money...if its legal where you live .. my grandpa .. makes soo much money with this stuff is not even funny ... but im learning soon ill be like him

Well my pet chickens must be lovers and not fighters. I couldn't watch that it would make me too sad. :(

kriz1199 said:
yeah cock fights are awesome ... except for ppl that love animals to much... but its a good way to make money...if its legal where you live .. my grandpa .. makes soo much money with this stuff is not even funny ... but im learning soon ill be like him
I like to hunt and fish...but seeing two animals fight to the death because I want my wallet fatter doesn't leave me with that warm fuzzy feeling.:joint4:

My roosters in the pictures are gamefowl, as are all my chickens. Its not about the money. I'm not even going to get into, because I don't feel like arguing my point. But, gamefowl aren't made to fight they do it on their own to death. If you just turned them all loose and went in the house they would all kill each other. They are a very admirable species.

TheStickyIcky said:
My roosters in the pictures are gamefowl, as are all my chickens. Its not about the money. I'm not even going to get into, because I don't feel like arguing my point. But, gamefowl aren't made to fight they do it on their own to death. If you just turned them all loose and went in the house they would all kill each other. They are a very admirable species.
Hwy didn't say they don't do it on there own. just saying...putting them in a circle and gambling on death is not my cup of tea.

it still happens naturally or not naturally ... death still happens between animals and between us .... mideswell get some money or lose it...

I had a pet skunk once. Got it at the pet store with it's spray glands removed. You wouldn't believe how smart they are. I'd say close to a dogs intelligence.

I've been to some backyard brawls of said chickens with Sticky many a times. We even went to an indoor stadium that seated some 400 + with stadium fold down chairs. It was pretty awesome. It was like 12 hours of nothing but fight after fight. I think I lost 30 bucks there :p.

i had a rooster. and he was vicous. id be like
"hey buddy want some fruit loops?"
and hed be like
"ba-cock"
and attack me
so id defend myself with a tennis racket while i fed the other chickens
and now i think hes soup :/

SweetmadnesS said:
i had a rooster. and he was vicous. id be like
"hey buddy want some fruit loops?"
and hed be like
"ba-cock"
and attack me
so id defend myself with a tennis racket while i fed the other chickens
and now i think hes soup :/

I am literally crying with laughter after reading that response!!! OMG... My grandma, or mee-ma, did that once to a goose who offended her personally just before Christmas.... except she did it with a rake. Then snuck up on him while he was sleeping and BAM... no more goose.

LOL...

Oh yes, I have chickens. I also have ducks, geese, a few swans (only one actually now) and many peacocks as well. My barnyard is quite the managerie between the foxes, the birds, the horses, the goats, the mules, the ponies, and the dogs... Oh, and my wolf now.

Then in my house there are cats, dogs, fish, and mice. But no birds yet... my husband doesn't like them in the house. :mad: When I can get him to say yes though, I'm totally bringing home my duck! :p

~Metalchick

foghorn-leghorn-f12-2.gif
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

foghorn-leghorn-f12-2.gif

Must be nice to live in a place, where you can have farm animals.

One of these days, one of these days..

bombbudpuffa said:
I had a pet skunk once. Got it at the pet store with it's spray glands removed. You wouldn't believe how smart they are. I'd say close to a dogs intelligence.

OMG!!!..lmao... thats awesome man.... but how the hell they do that.... smelling glands off...lmao.... funny but cool... i bet tthey are really smart

Mutt said:
Well it's not chickens....but I seen this on yahoo news today and about died laughing.

"The Goose Whisperer" http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070719/ap_on_sc/goose_whisperer

OMG>.. that is too cool. I am glad someone still cares enough to do this kind of thing.

And yeah, the part about geese mating for life is actually VERY true... and also very sad. If you are going to raise geese for food, and you take one of them out (crudely put) make sure it's not part of a family unit. That can be loud and depressing for a LONG time.

We actually had a female that cried for TWO weeks after her "husband" got taken out of the coop one night by a fox who lives nearby. The foxes that live in our yard are caged, and certainly not handled around the poultry, so we knew it wasn't them. Nonetheless, she was very upset for a very long time. It made me so sad that I actually tried to bond with her just to calm her, but geese aren't real "people oriented"... eventually though she did start waddling after me when I would leave the coop and I started letting her wander the barn. Until she died she would sit on the fencepost next to the arena and watch me ride and teach lessons. But she would never really let me get close enough to touch her. But, those two weeks while she was distraught were ANNOYING... nobody on the farm got any sleep!

~Metalchick

i cant have yard animals,,,the pitbulls keep killing them (a pot belly pig ,two goats and yes they love chicken)p,l,r

they love people,,,its just other animals they have trouble with ,,,but all in all there good dogs ,,,p,l,r

i don't have a chicken... but i know people who have cock-fights

Latest posts

Back