Does this happen to anyone else?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dada

Reaction score
I have been deeply involved in what is really my first indoor grow. (I did some shed grows a couple of years ago, but that was pretty much throw them in the pots and water them.) Growing is a whole lotta fun, even without thinking about what the end result is going to be. Sometimes I stand and stare at my plants for like an hour -- it's almost like some kind of Zen experience. Plants are in week six of flower (bubbler) and all is going pretty well, though I have had some ups and downs along the way, including some minor nute burn.

Last night while I was cooking some fries for my kids, I cooked them just a little too long and the tips of the fries burned just a little -- just making them a bit brown. I swear to God when I took them out of the oven and saw that, the first thing I thought was "Nute Burn".

hahaha man that's awesome...the same thing happens to me in a strange sort of way. are you seeing connections between growing and stuff in daily life? for me, i start thinking how closely related humans and plants really are. i've never really grown a plant before, much less the green goddess, so i haven't thought about plants too much in the past. but yeah, since i've been growing, i see things totally different. riding the train, i'm looking for guerrilla grow spots. reflecting on my life, i feel the next time i move back to the states, the transplanting will leave me shocked and stop my growth for awhile, but it's good because the cultural "soil" has more nutrients and i won't get root-bound in a bigger city.

i end up staring at my plants too. it's like a non-verbal communion going on between me and the plant. all the things i've learned during growing has applications OUTSIDE of growing. my psyche has literally been transformed by this experience and i haven't even gotten to the harvest part yet. i can only imagine what it will be like to smoke buds i've quite literally raised myself.

this is why i think everyone should grow...EVERYONE. it gets such a connection back to earth and to each other.

ok, this is probably a lot more than looking at fries and thinking "nute-burn" but yeah...i'm always thinking about the connections between growing and living.

:D
offgrid said:
my psyche has literally been transformed by this experience and i haven't even gotten to the harvest part yet. i can only imagine what it will be like to smoke buds i've quite literally raised myself.

I loved this bit of your post Offgrid,, sums up exactly how growing has made me feel.... So much more environmentally aware too.

I look after my house plants and my garden more and compare my indoor and outdoor gardens on a daily basis. I feel so much more chilled than I ever have from just smoking weed,, I only wish I'd done it years ago....

Great post, Offgrid -- I know just what you mean. I especially like your reference to a communion between you and your plants. That's exactly how I feel. I have grown an outside garden (regular stuff like tomatoes, beans, and so on) for years and have always felt that connection with my plants. But for some reason it is so much more intense with my MJ plants. Maybe it is because I am growing indoors. I am going to take a break from growing during the summer months, and I know this is something I am going to miss.

They are mesmerizing. Last night I moved my bed back into the bedroom /grow room, for low cost co2 generation, not to mention a little oxygen therapy for myself. I read in the Robert Bunch book (the one with the High-in-the-Sky system) that he noted a 20-something % growth increase when he slept in the grow room. Four plants are flowering(week 3), and I have to say no ** there was much more noticable bud development today.
So yeah, true Symbiosis. I really felt bad separating the males, there were 9 of them, very healthy, bushy plants. You feel so more attuned to the life force itself, you can practically feel the plants in a Jedi sort of way. It can truly be a mystical spiritual connection, were it not for this aspect, I doubt I would still be interested in cannabis.

Latest posts

Back