EarthQuake Off the Coast of Humbolt Co.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcbud

Reaction score
Just felt this bout half an hour ago :eek: . A 6.0 quake 35 miles WNW of Petrolia CA. This is bigger than the last one, yet was shorter, IMO. It was more of a vibrating quake, the last one was more a shaking quake. I felt it in my two story home, it felt like the washer was out of balance for bout thirty seconds or less.

I hope all is well over there, they are just getting over the last one January 9th. This one has a magnitude quite a bit bigger than the last one, by almost half a number.

Anyone else feel it?

hxxp://quake.wr.usgs.gov/recenteqs/Maps/124-40.htm

(xx to tt)

in edit, quake was a "official" 5.9.....that sounds much better than a 6. I hear in the news that the damage was minimal.

hey my answer is gone..weird............

did anyone else even see it? ok

sorry about that tc must have been scary in a 2 story house! didnt feel it here but we usually dont in the valley...

That explains the giant squids off the coast last week that I kept hearing about on the news. Hope all is well and their isn't too much damage and everyone is well.

I love Humboldt County! and Trinity and Mendo....I hope everyone is okay out there!

So.coast of Oregon is waiting for real big shake. It's way over due. Coos bay area is suppose to sink anywhere from 6 to 12 ft. Mother nature ain't no joke. Peace out

Latest posts

Back