enuf is enuf

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i was an activist during the vietnam war, rights for minorities and women, i marched, sang, held signs, participated in civil disobedience like henry david thoreau....my generation made a few changes...made people aware of injustice and hatred.....now i live in the mountains where i have more animals than people for neighbors.....it is up to you younger people to make change for good now, me im gonna get stoned and go for a walk...good luck, just dont fight amongst yourselves.............

if i was an american i would have been at your side dude

and another thing whats this thing about money its not the end of the world so long as your happy.

i can honestly state i have to my name probably less than £1000 but im as happy as a pig in MUD

sorry i feel the banned thing looming again

rotflmao

pkj

WOW,
I sure hear what you all are saying. It makes me hurt inside to think of such unhappiness. Over throw the Government ? It's a crime to even talk like that, I think it's called, Conspiracy !!!
I certainly do understand simple things like The Golden Rule: He who has the gold makes the rules, or might makes right. Sheeeeeesh.
Someone said that it's up to the younger folks to institute change, I couldn't disagree more. Not to put down youth in any way, shape, or form, but they haven't the experience, They don't have the knowlege base, nor have they gotten their hands dirty enough to draw on the past in order to see what we older folks have seen.
When I was a kid, we understood that you respect your elders, and did so. Our parents lived in a time when community pride was shared by all, but that seems to have passed away.
Nowadays you can get in serious trouble from just giving your own kid a swat on the butt for behavior that would in my eyes certainly demand it.
I received so many spankings that I swear I could never count them all, but I am not damaged from it in any way, and I sure learned to say yes sir, and yes ma'am.
When I was a kid, the folks in the nieghborhood sat out on their front porches and waved and invited each other over. Handshakes were a good thing, and if someone on the block got injured everyone turned out to take care of things like put their garbage out for them, mow their lawn, and I even remember seeing all the moms and daughters cooking no end of things for the family to eat. Needs were met ya know ?
I'm betting that many folks here remember this scene unfolding, let's find out.
A large moving van pulls up on your block and you figuere out that the smiths obviously have sold their house and these are the new folks that just bought it. Without hardly a word being spoken the men would quietly walk over, and with hardly more than a, "how do you do", they would start unloading the belongings and selflessly help the new folks to get moved in. Later that early evening you would see that the ladies on the block will have brought over a box load of their home canned goodies, and there would be a coffee clutch going on in the house. Everyone sampling Mrs Johnsons award winning pickle relish or sweet carrots. The men would be out in the driveway where a car had it's engine hood up, someone brought over a six pack of brewskies, and amongst the handshakes you might hear the new folk's daughter sitting down at the family piano trying to entertain all. The kids would be playing hide and go seek for real, and something as simple as an old tire made for hours of fun.
Nowadays folks build their patio's in the back yard and hell you can go 5 years and not even really know who your own neighbor is.

What happened to the days when we cared about each other, and shared with pleasure ?
I think a lot of us stoners remember how to share and care, as so many of us do right here on this site. I believe WE are feeling the good of caring again, and saying howdy to one another. We demonstrate that we can disagree in a civil manner, and we share in each others successes, and that my friends is how I believe it will slowly come back to a world that is good. When this starts to move and spread then you will see a revamping of the system, or at least I pray that we will.
SPARK A HOOBER, AND PASS IT !!!:D:heart:

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Great stuff KK. I couldn't agree with you more. I grew up in the woods and have witnessed this also. People are nice and everybody knows everybody. Most are friends and would give you the shirt off their back if you needed it. I miss these times very much. It's a crying shame that things aren't like that anymore. I live in a city now but am anxiously preparing to move back to my home in the woods. I absolutely can't wait to get back to a more caring environment that you were describing. That kind of compassion is almost non-existant in the cities or small towns anymore. Back in the mountains is the only place I've seen it in these last few years. I hope civility comes back to us all but as my grandpa always said, "Wish in one hand and **** in the other and see which one fills up quicker!" Just my thoughts. Thanks everyone for sharing your opinions and thoughts. Take care and be safe.

If everyone who smoked, just grew their own weed, the black market would have to find other than pot to sell. [Dont worry dealers, $$$ to be made elsewhere, eh.] No dealers would mean less cause for LEO to be interested in pot. Assuming folks would limit their grows to just enough to keep a stash, the largest busts would be 1-5 plants, eh. Some of us may get by on 1 plant at a time??? ;)

I would estimate 10-20 million would be growing, this would be alot of litlle grows to police, eh. The busts would be very small, not at all worth the effort. Hopefully the folley would be apparent to LEO and the powers that be.

Funny, this seems to be the way thing are going now, eh? I'm just a conservative to the core I guess.:hubba:

I think that's a great idea puffin. I wish everyone thought the same way but it will never happen. People want to make the fast money instead of working for it. Either way, I sleep just fine so I guess it makes no matter...the world will keep spinning no matter what I think. Take care everyone.

Yo Ho my friends,

I started this idea last year, You take a small amount of beans with you, and take your dog for a walk downtown. It's cool if you don't have a dog, just going for the walk around in town is the idea. Then you just need to be observant, and look for out of the way spots to put a seed into the ground.
I think this would start to be something. Granted it might get pollinated or even become a male, but the idea is to spread it around quietly, and see what becomes of it.
Personolly I think this would be hysterical. Just think of it as playing johnny pot seed. LOL
Who knows, maybe it would help to de-sensitize leo's a little, LOL maybe even make the news, maybe it would help by making others aware, never know do ya !!!!

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

personally i think there are no solutions
who was it who said:
'Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely'
i think this is true
people may go into politics with great intentions of improving things but the opportunities that then present themselves are too much to resist
plus, politics is no longer a passion for change, its a career move

sorry, am i waffling? ;) (climbs down off soap box)

KingKahuuna said:
Yo Ho my friends,

I started this idea last year, You take a small amount of beans with you, and take your dog for a walk downtown. It's cool if you don't have a dog, just going for the walk around in town is the idea. Then you just need to be observant, and look for out of the way spots to put a seed into the ground.
I think this would start to be something. Granted it might get pollinated or even become a male, but the idea is to spread it around quietly, and see what becomes of it.
Personolly I think this would be hysterical. Just think of it as playing johnny pot seed. LOL
Who knows, maybe it would help to de-sensitize leo's a little, LOL maybe even make the news, maybe it would help by making others aware, never know do ya !!!!

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Excellent Idea KK. ;) Kinda Like a modern day Johnny Appleseed, eh. Back in the 60's and 70's we used to smoke alot of weed with seeds, we would plant em in every place we could find. I dont recall any plant getting to the harvest stage. We obviously didnt hide em well enuf. :eek:

Latest posts

Back