euphoria in the tent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Reidser...I don't have an exact science to my final flush method. I also am not too hip on the metric system...lol...so I'll tell you how I do it with a 5 gallon pot. Your basically wanting to get any build up of nutes out of your soil, forcing your plants to use up whatever nutrients it has stored inside it's self. So What I do is I take a gallon and soak the medium really good, I let this sit for a good 10-15 min, to allow all the solids to become disolved and easier to flush out of the pots. Next I just run copius amounts through the pot 3 or 4 times. I use my bathtub, and just let the water run through for several minutes, you can watch the water coming from the bottom holes. It will start off brownish, then to yellowish and then to clear (at least with my feed it's those colors) when it has started flowing clear I call it good. This is when I'm ready for my last gallon which I have my molasses in or clearex or whatever cleanser you want to use. (clearex is just sugars) I adjust my pH on this last gallon and run it over my medium. This will correct whatever your pH was of your tap, and put those sugars in for the plant to have. I have good tap water here though, so if you are on a well or have chloramine in your water, you may just want to run 3 or 4 gallons of distilled or RO through. I hope this helps you. Can't wait to see your plants finished up bud!

legalize_freedom said:
Hey Reidser...I don't have an exact science to my final flush method. I also am not too hip on the metric system...lol...so I'll tell you how I do it with a 5 gallon pot. Your basically wanting to get any build up of nutes out of your soil, forcing your plants to use up whatever nutrients it has stored inside it's self. So What I do is I take a gallon and soak the medium really good, I let this sit for a good 10-15 min, to allow all the solids to become disolved and easier to flush out of the pots. Next I just run copius amounts through the pot 3 or 4 times. I use my bathtub, and just let the water run through for several minutes, you can watch the water coming from the bottom holes. It will start off brownish, then to yellowish and then to clear (at least with my feed it's those colors) when it has started flowing clear I call it good. This is when I'm ready for my last gallon which I have my molasses in or clearex or whatever cleanser you want to use. (clearex is just sugars) I adjust my pH on this last gallon and run it over my medium. This will correct whatever your pH was of your tap, and put those sugars in for the plant to have. I have good tap water here though, so if you are on a well or have chloramine in your water, you may just want to run 3 or 4 gallons of distilled or RO through. I hope this helps you. Can't wait to see your plants finished up bud!

thanks lf..i flushed the most mature lady last tuesday.16/2.the other 3 have been getting there regular hesi nutes and boosters.ive stepped back a bit with the watering this last week..the soil is holding the moisture so not as much watering needed..thanks for the photo of your curing jars chef.theres a couple of shops nearby that have exactly what we need.
do you think it would be best to cut the cola buds now..i'm getting to the stage now i think,but i'm kinda lackin a bit of confidence about doing it the best way..dont want to mess anything up at this late stage!!here's the pics

SAM_0271.JPG

SAM_0257.JPG

SAM_0259.JPG

SAM_0261.JPG

Looking good riedser! There is no wrong way to cut. Thats the fun, learning and coming up with your own way.

whats the tric colors? Or are you going to go by days in flower? Man those sure look like nice thick buds.

Latest posts

Back