Exploring the Benefits of Medical Marijuana

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerald Helms

Reaction score
Welcome to our forum dedicated to discussing the topic of medical marijuana. This space is for individuals to share their experiences, knowledge, and questions related to the use of medical cannabis for various health conditions. To kick off the discussion, we'd like to hear your stories and insights into the positive effects of medical marijuana on health. Please share your thoughts and experiences below, and let's create a supportive and informative community for this important topic.

Waited 3 months to post , but you are here now
So...................................Welcome Fking Stoner LOL.......
Do you grow your own CBD weed

Welcome to our forum dedicated to discussing the topic of medical marijuana. This space is for individuals to share their experiences, knowledge, and questions related to the use of medical cannabis for various health conditions. To kick off the discussion, we'd like to hear your stories and insights into the positive effects of medical marijuana on health. Please share your thoughts and experiences below, and let's create a supportive and informative community for this important topicAn avatar for you

An avatar for you if you like it
1698322817975.png

strange that this thread didn't blow up. i would love to hear this forum's citizens' thoughts on medical.

I know that a topical made from weed helps muscle and back pain. My Wife and her friends that have used this topical swears buy it and how it relieved pain when nothing else would.

I will give it a go.
I am 60 years old and was diagnosed with fibromyalgia at 46. In the beginning it was just aches and pains everywhere making me feel like I had been hit by a truck. I saw many Drs. There are 5 drugs that are used to treat this. Unfortunately I am allergic to 4 of the 5. The first one I was not allergic to but it did nothing at all. Sevella and Lyrica gave me hives the others made me swell so bad I couldn't walk. In 2015 a Dr here in town suggested medical Mj. I could not afford it. It is not covered by insurance but should be.
There are times my pain would be so bad I could not even brush my hair. It felt like a metal rake on my scalp. My pain was everywhere no place was off limits. I have friends that would pass me s joint here and there and it would help. In 2020 Dad was diagnosed with cancer. It had already metastasized to the bones. Metastatic ostio carsrnoma or something to that effect.
The State of New Mexico legalized and decriminalized the beautiful plant June first 2021 was the first day of the rest of my life.
Since my very small but potent Northern lights first grow. I have been able to sleep. I can function. I can do a bunch of things like gardening, bicycling, walking, many things I could not do in the past. I have lost about 140 pounds because I can actually do things now. It was never an eating thing with me. Just so much pain I go no exercise. I had a physical job that required a ton of movement and steps. I was a utility locator since 1993 until I got laid off in 2010. I loved that job but it was a lot of work.
I have been trying out different strains to see what hells the most.
After my first grow, which I planted 12 plants. Only 4 survived they were small. Good and potent though but just popcorn buds my first grow. The plants were about 9 inches tall I yielded about 4 ounces of weed.
I started to feel better the Mj was helping.
On to research for my next grow.
I found a better seed bank. I also did my research over the winter getting things ready for my next grow.
Bought some nutes from advanced nutrients (their trio).
Got sone bigger pots switched to felt pots.
Second grow I planted 12 beans nine survived this time. The nutes were confusing and the help line was no help.
I managed to have a very successful grow at least compared to the first one.
I had enough weed to look into making edibles.
Did my research then made the easiest one in a crockpot over night with Imported EVOO.
I started looking up edible recipes. I was not a fan of other peoples recipes. I am a baker. I have been baking with my grandmother since I was 6. I used my own recipes. Substituted some canna oil for either butter or oil. From the recipe. I found that if I eat an edible 1 hour before bed. I can go to sleep and stay asleep.
I wake up refreshed and ready to go.
I rarely have fibromyalgia pain now as the edibles really help.
My sister even noticed how much better I was doing and asked If she could try my edibles.
My third grow was so successful I have more than I need.
My sister has turned into a cookie monster putting in her order in every week.
She has been able to stop taking four different meds/supplements.
It is a win win in my house.

I did ask my dads doctor about edibles for him they thought it would be too dangerous for him. In addition to cancer he has bad lungs and afib on top of a lot of other health conditions.
Dr thinks the weed would mess with the afib and lungs. He is not a candidate.
All I know is it helps us here in Nm . I also donate to a veteran with PTSD.
He is very grateful and says it helps him too.

I had Afib really really bad. I mean make you pass out and chest killing me bad. Had to have an ambulance called a few times it was so bad. And I had open heart surgery 10 yrs ago.
Come to find out it was my Thyroid causing my Afib all those goddamn years. Started taking levothyroxine and it has completely disappeared. I hardly even get a flutter anymore. That was two years ago.
It changed my life. I was able to smoke weed that had sativa in it. Eat chocolate and I drink a few cold beers every night.
It's amazing how much control your thyroid has over your body including your heart.
Most doctors don't check your thyroid if you have Afib because some of them have no fking idea.
If you have Afib your TSH levels need to be no higher than 2.5. or 2500. I try and keep mine around 1.8/ 1800 to 2.5/ 2500.
I'm on a very low dose.
When they 1st checked my TSH levels it was at 8.6

Last edited:
I had Afib really really bad. I mean make you pass out and chest killing me bad. Had to have an ambulance called a few times it was so bad. And I had open heart surgery 10 yrs ago.
Come to find out it was my Thyroid causing my Afib all those goddamn years. Started taking levothyroxine and it has completely disappeared. I hardly even get a flutter anymore. That was two years ago.
It changed my life. I was able to smoke weed that had sativa in it. Eat chocolate and I drink a few cold beers every night.
It's amazing how much control your thyroid has over your body including your heart.
Most doctors don't check your thyroid if you have Afib because some of them have no fking idea.
If you have Afib your TSH levels need to be no higher than 2.5. or 2500. I try and keep mine around 1.8/ 1800 to 2.5/ 2500.
I'm on a very low dose.
When they 1st checked my TSH levels it was at 8.6
Did you Afib come on after eating with burping and indigestion like feeling?

Personally, I've come across numerous stories of people finding relief from various health conditions through the use of medical cannabis. It's truly remarkable how this plant can positively impact individuals' lives.
Indeed, the positive effects of medical marijuana on various health conditions are worth celebrating.
If you're considering exploring medical marijuana, one valuable step is getting a Medical Marijuana Card, which you can easily obtain at nymarijuanacard.com. It not only helps you access the treatment legally but also ensures you're guided through the process by professionals.

Last edited:
I've had Crohn's disease since my teens, before it was known as a disease. Nearly fifty years. I believe I've self medicated unconsciously over this period by smoking weed a lot. The strains I've preferred over the years are strains that now are recommended for my condition. Even today, my GI is amazed that I have no complaints about symptoms even though my scopes and tests show the disease as still active. I attribute this to marijuana 100%. The weed doesn't necessarily cure my condition, but enables me to deal with it much better. Friends who've had painful terminal illness say the same, it doesn't make the pain go away, but it helps them live with it. My MMJ doctor is an evangelist for weed. She'd rather give it to children than an advil. It really helps almost everything, and with the exception of some schizophrenia and mental illness, doesn't hurt anything. Viva la marijuana!

Latest posts

Back