Flushing Question, Please Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeastyBudzz

Reaction score
So this is my second grow and I was wondering about flushing..

My fourth week of veg is in about 3 days.
Anyways after that, I was told to flush before flower.
But I use tap water that I purge with an airstone to water with, but the only place I have to flush is the bathtub, and I was wondering if I could use my tap water just for flush? It is kinda harsh which worries me.
My leg is broken at the moment, and I am broke until the first, I'll be out of the cast and work just enough to get a check, the reason I am stating this is because I would buy purified and ph'd water if possible. Spent last of my money on rent.

Help me out please. I dont want anything going wrong. I've put in day in and out to make sure my girls will be at their tip-top.

Thanks in advanced.
BeastyBudzz

i don't flush before i flower but i know a few ppl who do. i honestly don't think its needed my self.

whats the PH of your tap water straight out of the tap? you can sit them in the tub and flush them. it makes it easier to me to do it that way everytime you flush.

BeastyBudzz said:
But I use tap water that I purge with an airstone to water with

You don't need to flush between veggin and flowering. In fact I would think it's a bad idea because you are just going to strip all the nutrients from your soil. What did you mean about purging with an airstone?

IMO unless your plants are showing a nute overload problem there is no need or reason to flush

ozzydiodude said:
IMO unless your plants are showing a nute overload problem there is no need or reason to flush

:yeahthat: in fact in my opinion, if there is no problem with the plants a flush is never needed, ever, but thats JMO.

ozzydiodude said:
:yeahthat:

Just saw a question about the '30 day flush'.:confused: :ignore:

This is really getting out of hand. What's next? The Pre-flush, flush?:rolleyes:

Wet

I don't flush unless that is the only fix, my neighbor flushes his girl often and he seems to have constant problems. If your plants look good don't fix them.

thats not funny wetdog. lol

when i was using alot of mg soil i started flushing the soil before i used it. i never flushed it again after that unless something forced me to. so i guess thats a pre flush flush. lol

okay sounds good.

and "purging with an airstone" means i keep the airstone in for twenty four hours to evaporate chlorine better/faster, and any other nasty things i can purge out.

im newer to the growing scene but isnt it true that you should start flushing your plants about two weeks from harvest and start using just plain water so the bud doesnt taste like chemicals so much but wont give harm to finished product.

johnp said:
im newer to the growing scene but isnt it true that you should start flushing your plants about two weeks from harvest and start using just plain water so the bud doesnt taste like chemicals so much but wont give harm to finished product.

Some people dont flush and say no one can tell the difference.

withholding nutes and giving only water for thr last 10 days is not the same as a flush.

johnp said:

No, not necessarily. I'm one of those that don't flush my plants. I also do not withhold nutes. I think it is harmful to the plants and to resin production to starve them the last 2-3 weeks of their lives.

i've tried the whole not feeding the last 2 weeks vs feeding till the end and i couldn't tell the difference in them besides the ones that were fed weren't as yellow as the starved plants. it all depends on the person.. everyone has their own method. you've gotta figure out what works best for you and what you like.

I agree with THG, no flushing ever unless you have nute issues. Some can say they can taste the nutes if they don't, I'll say it again and again, taste is fleeting, it's the high that matters.

true good to know their isnt much of and diiference though

Latest posts

Back