Get rid of circulation pumps for res

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gottaloveplasma

Reaction score
So I was looking at reservoirs and came up with an idea from a vortex brewer. They have a hole in the bottom that goes to a run that comes up the side and back in the top. You get your air line and put it into a PVC? Pipe that shoots it back into the bucket at an angle. The air line shooting air in will cause the water to syphon up the top like a venturi and I causes a water spout and waterfall effect that loops back up. You could do this with 55g drums. I even seen reservoirs that are like cones with spout at bottom. Perhaps those would even work better. Violla no more need for circulating pump.

So I was looking at reservoirs and came up with an idea from a vortex brewer. They have a hole in the bottom that goes to a run that comes up the side and back in the top. You get your air line and put it into a PVC? Pipe that shoots it back into the bucket at an angle. The air line shooting air in will cause the water to syphon up the top like a venturi and I causes a water spout and waterfall effect that loops back up. You could do this with 55g drums. I even seen reservoirs that are like cones with spout at bottom. Perhaps those would even work better. Violla no more need for circulating pump.

:stoned::huh::confused2::48:

Well thought this would be good thread. Be able to ditch a circulation pump in your reservoir less equipment to break / buy.

Latest posts

Back