Glass holes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gottalovebud

Reaction score
How can i put holes in a regular glass bottle without breaking it i tried a dremel tool and a drill nothing is working. Later :cool:

yea i would want to know too! i want to make a bong with a glass liquor jug:D

I would use a rubber cork and make shift a hooka. drilling or any thing will make the glass break. The glass has been heated and set. Hand Glass cutters only work on pane glass.
The equipment needed would be too expensive.
To do the rubber cork thing. you need two holes in the rubber cork. little undersized from the tube being put in. one tube would be for the bowl and the other to hit from.

I know it can be done i have seen bottles that my dad has put holes in and friends of mine have done it with a blow torch i just cant do it though.

you can buy a special glass cuggin bit...it probably won't be in the regular bits...it would be locked up...and is fairly expensive

i too have been searching for one...and am waiting till it comes on sale....check home depot or whatever the local hardwares chain is in your area ...just ask the salesman ;)

ive drilled holes in glass bottles several times...the trick is that you drill intil your almost through then use a small punch and a tap the last little bit through. ive tried a torch only to have the glass shatter and throw hot glass everythere. ive done the punch thing a few times. doesnt make a perfect hole but was always good enough for the bongs i was making! lol try it and good luck.

You need a diamond tipped drill bit, it still takes a little time and smoothness but is the only way I've seen it done.

Biffdoggie said:
You need a diamond tipped drill bit, it still takes a little time and smoothness but is the only way I've seen it done.

Diamond bit is the key, but some glass as stated above is heat tempered and still might stress crack.

Latest posts

Back