God Versus Government - Part Douche

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

allgrownup

History 101. Professor Grownup Lecturing:

Topic: Declaration of Independence

Why was it written?

"In order to place before mankind the common sense of the matter in terms so plain and simple as to command their assent."

The Declaration of Independence was drafted and sent to King George III of England politely requesting independence from English rule.
It asserted a philosophy of government that said that any government can only rule with the consent of the governed and that the basic purpose of government is to protect people's rights. It gave many examples of how the government of Great Britain had violated the rights of the colonists and so lost their consent. It then proclaimed that, as a result of this, the colonies were free and independent states.
To be specific, there were two reasons for the Declaration:
  • To declare to the world, that the British Colonies in America were declaring themselves an independent nation.
  • To explain (by listing the grievences against the King) why the colonies were declaring independence.

So..................

If there is one idea repeated over and over again in the founding of America, it is that no power on Earth can strip men of God-given rights

To say that we are a nation under God is to say, with the Declaration of Independence, that the rights we enjoy as Americans are not gifts of the state but of nature and nature's God.
Equally importantly, the words "under God" qualify what might otherwise be mistaken for a totalitarian demand upon the soul of the citizen. The republics of Greece and Rome were not founded on the inherent equality of all human beings. Far from it. For Aristotle, as for most of the classical world, what was self-evident was inequality and subjection: "Some men are by nature free, and others slaves, and that for these latter, slavery is both expedient and right. ... Neither must we suppose that any of the citizens belongs to HIMSELF, for they all belong to the state." Totalitarian states persecute religions because they recognize that religion competes for the loyalties of citizens. In our republic, by contrast, the claims of the state are made under God, who guarantees our rights.

Religious liberty is one of those rights. You are free to understand and worship Him however you choose. You are free to believe He does not exist and come up with alternate theories for why rights are unalienable. But you are not free to rewrite the history of how these rights came to be yours. That is what is at stake in the battle of the pledge.

And to be frank....the orgination of our country was based on the terms above "natures" god. Not Christian, Catholic, Muslim, etc. It has been repeatedly misenterpreted and particularly western religions implied.

For the man whom wrote the Declaration of Independence, this is how Thomas Jeffersen really felt about it.

"I am myself an empiric in natural philosophy, suffering my faith to go no further than my facts. I am pleased, however, to see the efforts of hypothetical speculation, because by the collisions of different hypotheses, truth may be elicited and science advanced in the end." --Thomas Jefferson

THIS IS NOT POLITICS! It is the principle our country was founded on. Politics is:
  1. The art or science of government or governing, especially the governing of a political entity, such as a nation, and the administration and control of its internal and external affairs.
Now if government would stop interfering with my religion, i could just smoke my weed all day in my outdoor sancturary on my own property on my own time. Instead i have to settle for those buzz kills chasing after my tax dollars to hand over to lazy whiny crybabies. If its not them its the rest of them. Greedy money hungry mongrels annoying me with constant and relentless sales/advertising and reasons to pay them all more. cpnsistently more.

I want my right to religion back, i want my right to smoke weed back, i want my life that was meant for me back. Wont you help me.

I'm really proud to say that i'm flyin really high right now.

Oh your still here? why? the bell rang minutes ago..........................

+1

unfortunately the supreme court doesn't feel the same way.

They take out "GOD" in the pledge of allegeance,
Next they will try to take "GOD" off our currency.

Then "THE MAN" will proclaim themselves to be "GOD"

unfortunately, the silent majority always have to bend over backwards
to appease the whiney few.

What I dont understand, is if people have such a problem with
living under "god" and rule of "law".

WHY DONT THEY LEAVE??

instead of tring to manipulate others way of life..

NE ways.. hope i wasn't being political.

if so.. SORRY...

Allgrownup- not cool starting something like this after you saw me close a similiar thread.

Guess what? I can close yours too.

Threads like these aren't productive on our board and usually turn into a flame war over who's right and who's wrong. I like the Coffee Table and I work hard to keep it nice. I am not going to let you or anyone else ruin it.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back