Got stoned and watched Jackie Brown...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2Dog

femme fatale proud grower
Reaction score
Hubby said that many people say it is quentins best movie. I disagree. I would definitely rate Pulp fiction as best yet, followed extremely close by kill bill. But kill bill will not stop me in my tracks and forever remind me of certain people, places and times. Plus john travolta and uma dancing? throw in samuel jackson and bruce? how do you beat that? Opinions please people thanks for stopping by to read!:ignore: :p :eek:

Hubby saw inglorious basterds..however its spelled and it was very good but with sub titles a pain in the *** in the theatre..I havent seen that one and didnt rate it.

I love Jackie Brown. If you saw on Stoneys thread, I dig the Pam Grier movies.
Natural Born Killers is probably Quentins 2nd best movie Id say behind Pulp.
Followed by Reservoir Dogs. Then Jackie Brown.

true natural bron killers was awesome..I cant wait to see woody again in zombieland...he is a phenomenal actor. pam grier is bomb as well. I didnt think samuel nailed his part like he usually does.

Did you see Reservoir Dogs yet 2Dog?

Was his first movie. He sold the script to NBK to pay for it.

yup saw it. Love kevin spacey........awesome movie. quentin is really good about casting actors people like to watch...

I swear that i havent seen this movie yet .........and i am watching it online right at this moment and all i can say is this movie is full of "vulgar languages and hysterical scenes" ...........quite over-rated for my tasted but i love it .......funny as hell :D

I like the long scenes..when I was watching and relizing how long it was between takes man samuel had to learn a lot of lines...I like the close up long shots of jackies face too.

For me...Res Dogs has to be Number 1 in the Tarantino library. That was the movie that hooked me.
A little violence, but all in all, it ws ALL about the dialogue which made the movie, and most of his movies, GREAT.
Pulp is a close Number 2......

A GREAT piece Tarantino did was the last story in "Four Rooms". Great Movie, and all the stories are awesome, but the last, which Tarantino directed and wrote, was the best. The man from Hollywood.
Robert Rodriguez also did a piece in Four rooms that is awesome too.

Four Rooms is great, if you havn't seen it, please do, especially if you are a Tarantino fan.

Another great flick was Sin City. Marv will kick your butt!
Not really a Tarantino movie, but he did direct one scene!

I gotta pick Reservoir Dogs first. What he did w/ minimal budget and minimal effects is just as intense and brilliant as it gets for me. Amazing movie. Bold step as a first direction.

Pulp fiction is probably my favorite though. A directors wet dream and a movie near and dear to me.

I heard he didn't like what they did with his True Romance script and said he didn't want his name associated with it since it was change so much he didn't feel it refelected his original work.

Aww...True Romance...another cool flick.
I saw an interview with him about TR and he was unhappy with the "layout" of the script and didn't like the "timeline" they went with. Other then that, the script was pretty close to what he had written, which is why I probably love that flick.

From Dusk till Dawn......gotta love it.

Fun Fact...Tarantino did a re write of Crimson Tide, but took no writing credits.

NBK was OK for me...definatly not one of his bests, imo...too much "fluff". Oliver Stone should have let Tarantino direct.....

I would have loved to have seen him direct NBK! I think that movie needed the QT eye.

I also love that he's the worst actor in all his movies. I look forward to it really.

And yes, always the dialogue. Amazing writing. Like the coffee scene in the beginning of RD. WOW. So much going on all at once. So real. And so well crafted. One long flowing, guy spewing, QT vision of beauty. From the "i Don't tip" discussion to MR. Blonde saying, "Joe, you want me to shoot this guy" and MR Orange laughing then responding, "Sh.....You shoot me in a dream, you better wake up and apologize". It's just boom boom boom. And what a way to start a movie.

Awesome stuff indeed!

If no one has seen Sukiyaki Western Django. Its great.
I thought he was losing his touch ever since KillBill2, then Hero was garbage, and DeathProof was pretty terrible.
But he came back with Sukiyaki and that was a killer movie. I loved it. Something different that really hasnt been done before.

Latest posts

Back