Greetings from an aged earthling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snaxforgandhi

On a mission...apparently
Reaction score
Hola,

I am a denizen of this planet, a native in all respects... as far as I know anyway. I was once a very active small-time hydro-grower. In the mid-eighties I had occasion to visit Israel and there my travels took me to the Negev desert where I saw a sizeable chunk of lifeless, arid wasteland transformed into an edenic oasis of verdant plant life through the magic of hydroponics. I was absolutely flabbergasted. It was a very powerful experience for me. Of course this was in the infancy of HP and the entire project was a primitive, cobbed together flow-to-waste drip system. A veritable army of cheerful Israeli research hippies worked full-time to keep it running smoothly.

Upon returning home I immediately set to work building a simple wick system and progressively worked my way thru every incarnation of HP technique: Ebb and flow, NFT, raft, etc.

A forced move in 1999 to a seriously hemp-unfriendly state put the kybosh on my growing. I really, really missed it. You don't even know.

But I am back to my old hyjinks and happy as a rat with a gold tooth. I must admit, however, to being a bit overwhelmed by how techie everything has become. Maybe a bit dismayed as well, as - for us simple folk - things often start to become more and more unattainable with the progression of technology. Don't get me wrong: Long have I monitored my EC and pH with digital doo-dahs, and sqeezed out CO2 in metered increments with cold computerized precision. It's just that I am wary, as progress is often most advantageous for the industries that spring up around a given thing. Contrary to popular opinion, it wasn't a scarcity of gold that snuffed the '49ers rush, it was the $20.00 shovels and $15.00 picks that did it. (Remember, this was in 1849 dollars)

But, for all that, I am looking forward to learning new things and making all new mistakes. So, ready yourselves oh veterans of the magical annual, for I am a voracious asker of questions. Thanx in advance!

~Snax

welcome my friend and enoy your stay we are glad you came to share..just be sure to do so in the right section....would be interesting in seeing your drip system..untill then take care and be safe:ciao:

Yo Ho snaxforgandhi,

Welcome to our little spot of sunshine. Please do peruse the rules early on, and I'm betting that you will find them few as well as agreeable to run with.
Sounds to me like you have run the gauntlet as it were, well take it from this old bird there is always something to explore. I enjoy your manner my friend. It's always fun to find another that is well versed in the fine art of verbal thrust and parry wouldn't you agree. ?

We do like to recommend a good comfy chair, set out your refreshments, and Oh-Yeah here hold this--->:48:

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna:cool:

हैलो फिर (Hello Again!)

Thank you all for your kind words. I must apologize for the delay in revisiting this thread: Life happened when I least expected it and I had to tend to it. Adding to the delay was my decision to post nary a word until I had had ample time to thoroughly review the forum rulez. I may have been a bit high (very, very likely) but I could have sworn that I detected gentle hints from 4u2smoke and KingKahuuna that I may have erred in both my section placement and content. :eek: After studiously examining both the forum rulez and the FAQs I must admit that I cannot find my error, but if I did faux pas please forgive me for I am a bear of very little brain and often miss hints.

Thank you all for your patience and understanding.

~Snax

Nah, I don't think you posted in the wrong section. Thanks for introducing yourself. Quite eloquently, I might add! :)

Welcome.

AG

Yo Ho snaxforgandhi,

Good friend, you have done nothing even remotely wrong. I'm just a mod here, and I try to quietly suggest new comers take an occasional glance at the site rules so they don't find themselves feeling somewhat chagrined over as you say a faux pas.
Since you haven't been here long enough to stir up a fracas or any other sort of donnybrook :argue: may I suggest once again that you are most welcome. May I also recommend that good comfy chair, and here you should grab this :bong1: inhale deeply, hold it, hold it, come on hold it, BREATH OUT, Hey!!! I think you like this stuff.

HEY!!! Pass that back... LOL

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna:cool:

welcome to mp mr gandhi i'm sure we'll all enjoy your input.

Time4Plan-B

Latest posts

Back