Growing Indoors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kmpra

Reaction score
I will be recieving a free Aeorgarden thingy. Is this worth growing bud in? I have searched and read pros and cons, but most normally go down the path of someone getting feelings hurt and it loses the initial focus of the thread. My main question is this- Is the Aerogarden a worthwhile medium to learn how to grow in? If not can someone suggest a reasonably priced(under 150 US) commercial system, or a nice walk through for morons to build your own. Im not mechanically disinclined, but im not inclined either. But I am far from having any sort of green on my thumb. Ive never tried to grow anything other then a cactus that I've had for about 2 years, and i just mist it every week or so.

Thanks in advance,
Kmpra

Any type of system that you use will expand your knowledge base and help you further down the road.

I would stick with the aero and see how you do...if it's enough then win win...if you want more then you have a strong foundation under you.

HTH

Is what was suggested to me by the giver of the garden. Well, i hope to pick yalls brains a little more in depth later. Thanks again.

Kmpra

Do you have a digital camera? You should share your learning experience with others here, start a journal. :)

Kmpra -- if this Aerogarden produces any bud at all, you will have taken the idea of a micro-grow to an entirely new level. I don't want to sound like a know-it-all a$$, because I really am not. But if you already have a place where you can keep the plant(s) in total darkness when they flower -- which you will need with an Aerogarden or *any* other system -- then you are already more than halfway there. I know the Aerogarden is free and it would be great for some small flowers or a few herbs like parsley and thyme, but if you want MJ, consider getting a few CFLs, a couple of pots of soil, and some decent nutes. This isn't going to cost a lot of money and the results you get will far surpass anything that's going to come out of the Aerogarden. My wife has had one of these in the kitchen for almost a year and she LOVES it because we had fresh parsley and whatever the heck else she grows in there through the winter. (Hers was a door prize at a dinner we attended.) But I could not imagine growing MJ in that thing -- even if I was an LST fiend.

Latest posts

Back