Growing with LED

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dont get me wrong im not knocking HPS... bc im currently looking to purchase a 600watter for a new setup of autos... Im just to uncertain of how the yield will be using LEDs with the autos...

I am planning on seeding the Autos that i got (LR2, Diesel Ryder, Blue Ryder) and then will def be purchasing a couple more UFOs when i have some seeds i can play with and see how they go under the LEDs...

I just want to see the buds , not more articles saying there better.

I appreciate the links but want to make my own mind up.

The only comparison ive seen was on you tube with a side by side grow and the LED did not produce 1/2 as much bud. That test could have been flawed, ill accept that. But still have not seen any harvest pics from 100% led grows.

Ive seen a few LED grows here but was not impressed, I want to see some buds even 1/2 as big as the ones ive grown then ill be impressed.

And dont get me wrong im sure they are the way of the future but if they were that much better than people would still be using them regardless of the price.
There should be some bud shots somwhere.

Also how old is the video? bc LEDs are like computers bc better ones are hitting the market everyday....

I hear ya JustAnotherAntMarching. I feel like Galileo getting burned at the stake for teaching the world isn't flat because everyone's 15 year old growing bible says HID/HPS are the best lights to use.

-We will be laughing at their skepticism soon.

NYC_Diesel x Jack_Herer said:
I hear ya JustAnotherAntMarching. I feel like Galileo getting burned at the stake for teaching the world is flat because everyone's 15 year old growing bible says HID/HPS are the best lights to use.

Im not burning anyone at the stake and have been very polite.

Justanotherantmarching, ive been watchin your grow and will its looks good I am waiting to see the final product.

JustAnotherAntMarching said:
Also how old is the video? bc LEDs are like computers bc better ones are hitting the market everyday....

It was posted a year ago.
If anyone has any links or pictures to a finished grow then please post them.

It should be that easy to prove they grow just as well. Until then all I hear is the same old stuff.

I hear ya JustAnotherAntMarching. I feel like Galileo getting burned at the stake for teaching the world is flat because everyone's 15 year old growing bible says HID/HPS are the best lights to use.

NYC No need to laugh at anyone bc that will never help them open their eyes to something different...

Growdude ill beposting new pic tonite of the ladies that are flowering... its been like 2 weeks since the last set was put up so stay tuned...

hee hee hee... well it will "finally" be your turn...;)

Growdude said:
Im not burning anyone at the stake and have been very polite.

quote]

I made no reference to your comments. I was speaking about tryting to convince die hard HID users that LED's are the here and now.
No offense intended.

And when you come into a forum to post useful information and you are met with ridicule and Walmart jokes by the mod of the forum instead of an open ear, then yes you do tend to want to make them eat their words (no offense to you either Hick). I don't laugh at skepticism, I laugh at ridicule. As you once said in an email to me Hick, I do not think that you are ignorant, but your post was. If you don't have anything useful to say then don't say it. But a mod that comes into threads and berates people trying to deabte a subject is not a mod, he/she is a thug.

JustAnotherAntMarching said:
Hey guys.... SO this post just seems sooooo outta whack to me....?
UFO 90 watt against 3 different lights...

I will summarize to get the point out there... All variables were kept exactly the same only difference in conditions was the light being used. Also all cuttings were taken from the same mother.

Trial A: UFO vs 400watt MH winner: UFO yield was 12% more

Trial B: UFO vs 400watt HPS winner: HPS yield was 5% more*
* The plants "were markedly different potencies, with the LED plants producing much more resin." :holysheep:

Trial C: UFO vs 600watt HPS winner: HPS yield was 20% more*
* Resin production was again higher on the LED side. Also the grower noted that the money saved on power with the LED out weighs the high cost of the HPS even with the lower yield!! Also the plants on the LED side needed much less water.

Pics below

Sorry guys, but what more evidence do you need. Ant's post here completely disqualifies BOTH HTG' and GrowDude's posts about HID lighting producing more than LED. It seems like you both need to do some more reading. Your statements are flat out wrong. Now if you want to set up your own test and prove that you are right and High Times is wrong...be my guest...

Sorry guys, but what more evidence do you need. Ant's post here completely disqualifies BOTH HTG' and GrowDude's posts about HID lighting producing more than LED. It seems like you both need to do some more reading. Your statements are flat out wrong. Now if you want to set up your own test and prove that you are right and High Times is wrong...be my guest...

How can more claims that LED are better than HPS disqualify anything?

Ive not seen one decent bud yet.

Quit telling me in wrong and show me im wrong. Where are all the LED grows that are so much better?

Here I will start, look at these http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showpost.php?p=116126&postcount=38

I have to agree with Growdude. I have read many, many, many claims/advertisements that leds are better or equal too a hps in bud production but have never seen the proof. The best way to disprove skepticism is to show proof...Where is your proof NDJH & JAAN? I have seen Growdudes proof...The proof is in the pudding... LEDS may be the light of the future, but they need improvement, in both bud production and cost.

NYCD I apologize if it wrinkled your panties. I "never" ridiculed you or berated you.
I made a sarcastic 'jest' at the ridiculous price you quoted.
But a mod that comes into threads and berates people trying to deabte a subject is not a mod, he/she is a thug.
:rofl:...:baby:
I have "repeatedly" said that leds are getting better and better. AND that they will "soon" play a dominate factor in growing.
You've done nothing but come in here making claims, you haven't "proven" anything. I'm 'not' convinced by quotes from a magazine that relies/survives/profits off of sponsors/advertisers. So where do "YOU" get off ridiculing/berating/name calling 'me'?...
In the free market world we live in, a 600watt LED priced at $1,500-$2,500 would simply have no market against a 600HPS at less than $300 if the LED could not outperform the HPS in both production and cost savings.
You said it yourself... I don't see growers rushing out and standing in line to pay $2500 for 'inferior' lights. YES I say 'inferior'.. until I see growers(plural) with experience and knowledge useing them AND getting satisfactory "results", I'm still calling a spade a spade...
For that same $2500 you could buy better than 10,000 watts of HIDs. Or light over 200 sq ft effectively. Even calculating it at less than 1 gram per watt, that comes out in excess of 20 pounds of product. (has a gram per watt ever been accomplished with led?) I really don't know, but I doubt it.
I know the prices are coming down, I know they are becoming more popular,I know they are getting better on an almost a daily bases, and I know that they are yet to match HIDs in effectiveness in the grow room.
I've not dissed anyone for experimenting, or bringing new and competent information to the table. There have been a half dozen or so LED grows here, not a one has shown that LED can compare to HID in production. Everyone wants to "debate" it, but when the "pudding is in the bowl", they failed to do anything but just THAT.. debate it. :hubba:

Hick said:
NYCD I apologize if it wrinkled your panties. I "never" ridiculed you or berated you.
:hubba:

Hick, this has to be one of the dumbest statements I have ever read. How can you be a mod for this site? This statement was made to DELIBERATELY BERATE ME!!!! A mod is not supposed to make fun of posters, he is supposed to regulate the site. Now if you want to come into threads and make statements like "I'm sorry if I wrinkled your panties", then frankly you have NO BUSINESS BEING A MOD.
Do your job, or be a poster. Your backhanded insults under the guise of being a mod are getting old. How about you unwrinkle your panties? I am tired of seeing you break the rules yourself, insult people like this, and wander around this forum with a sense of superiority.... Get YOUR panties unwrinkled. Loosen YOUR bra. Remove YOUR skirt and be a man....Do these statements piss you off? Of course they do, and your statement that my "panties were wrinkled" was made specifically to piss me off and belittle my statements. You are a horrible mod, and as I said above you are a thug who does not do his job.
You are so wrapped up in your own sense of superiority that you feel it is okay to insult me by saying that I wear panties even though you know I am male, and then in the same breath say you have not berated or made fun of my posts.
Hick, I stand by my original statement, you are a thug. You should not be a mod. You should not be insulting posters. You should not be speaking in every single thread as if you are the world's authority on growing MJ.
Take a break man, get a life, and realize this world is not Hick's.

I came into the thread to answer a question about LED's and provide some info because I have been spending a good deal of time reading about them and researching them. I created a well written post explaining why I like the technology, your response was a two line Walmart joke...how mature.

You know what.....just forget it. I will just go find a forum that encourages communication and learning, works correctly, and isn't run by thugs.

Thanks to all of the decent members here who have helped me learn.
Goodbye

......thththththhththppppppp.. (the best Archie Bunker raspberry I could come up with..:confused2:)
looks like its time to change my avvy.. I think I'll let the members vote on which one I should use..
I'm kinda' partial to the fat white boy myself, whatta you guys think?

ethug.jpg

thuglife.jpg

thug_life.jpg

its a shame good members leave because of things like this.
Hick, i like you personally youve always given me rather good help.
Although maybe you shouldnt have said the panty remark (as funny as it was)
because we all know some people cant take a joke. Or cant seperate the jokes from the insults. just my opinion take it easy guys :stoned:

:ciao:

#1 for sure, and Hick Ive heard people say "don't get your panties in a bunch" many times, its not meant to be taken literally of course.

*see hxxp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metaphor

Yeah I gotta go with GrowDude again...#1 is the best pic of the 3. Although I think you could do better with more time.

As far as the saying Don't get your panties in a bunch, I don't wear panties but I do use that saying a lot:laugh:

As another LED thread by a single poster We at MariP loses another valuable member to senseless argument. Oh well I hope you find what your are looking for in those other places. I never did. Either love'm or leave'm and I am staying.

I have got to go BIU now:bolt::bong2:

Latest posts

Back