guerilla grow question ??????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mia

Reaction score
ive heard and read that its a good idea to grow plants in groups of 3 on an outdoor plot for security. i dont really have any worries about choppers with thermal image, no budget for such here, and no real need.... 2 patrol car town !!!! anyhow, i have 22 acres, mostly wooded, very secluded, no tresspassers, no hunters etc...... i would like to do a 30 plant grow in very small, stealth groups..... is this amount ok for 22 acres?? i am not a novice grower, ive done several grows, just not so many plants, and on a small 8 acre tract. can anyone help me please..... thank you very much mia

The old days are gone...when I was a kid my uncle grew 20yds by 20yds patches, but that was the 70's. The only way to do it is either in small patches. When I was growing alot outdoors if I grew from seed I would put 3 in one spot, knowing that later I would be killing one or 2 males. If I worked from clones I would do on walk 20 or 30 paces plant one etc.

If you've got land like that cool. Don't plant them on the edge of the woods unless you have to. If you do have to put some there always use the south west corner of the woods...at least if your in N. America. This will give your plants sun from dawn to dusk. I always liked overgrown fields of weeds with bushes here and there, tall grass, and small trees scattered about. The plants seem to blend in with the other growth. Also they get alot of light in the open like that. If you can get a few points of reference and count your paces from a certain object in different directions. So from "the rock" I walk north 10 paces, 20 paces, and 30 paces. Do the same in all directions...take notes, this way you will find your plants instead of wandering around wondring where you put that one. I grew alot there towards the end of those days, and bought a cheap hand held gps, and a little notebook.

I'm sure you can get away with it... Spread them out completely random at your discretion. If you don't have memory, write them down so you don't miss a plant. Do some scouting to figure out the best place. Also another note in N.America there are state police copters that go out, so still be weary about that

You could probably get away with planting 5 or 6 in one small area with no problem. IMO the main thing is to plant randomly, i.e. not in rows or in a square pattern as shrubs do not grow like this in nature. I try to plant on the south sides of trees or shrubs so the they will get lots of sun and still be partially shielded from prying eyes. I grow on my own land but their are still lots of rippers slithering about in the fall looking for plants to steal. Mostly they are high school kids on ATVs looking for trails people make while going to their plot. It is important not to leave a noticeable trail when going to your plants. Also cops in choppers find many grows by following ATV trails.

Just a heads up...I have had the choppers find plants occasionaly even when planted one at a time...so nothing is full proof. Where I'm from the leo's let you know it was them that ripped you, by leaving a business card in a ziplock bag staked to the ground where your plant was.

Old Bud said it best! No trail. I don't grow outside anymore but when I did I always used clones. I did not like the uncertainty of the sexes. 30 plants on twenty acres will be easy, I like to plant in groups of 2 or 3. Just easier come harvest time. A cheap handheld GPS is the only way to fly. And never ever take the same route to your plants. I truely do not think you will have any problems if you are unpredictable, leave no waste( household trash), and for the sake of humanity don't let ANYONE know what you have got cookin'. Best of luck to ya!

I'm with super skunk on the whole clone thing. Don't waste your time with seed trying to sex your plants and everything outside just makes for alot of waste work and if you only have room for so many might as well make it worth it. Planting 2 or 3 in a spot is usually fine makes it easier to check alot cause they're not all in differant places. Like everyone else has said make sure they have good southwest exposer to keep them in that sunlight as long as possible. Oh and one last form of advice, how big your plants and buds get outside depends alot on sun exposure and hole preparation. Before you even bring a plant with you your holes should all be preped. I usually dig 2ft deep more if it has bad drainage and at least 3ft wide (in my opinion the wider and better soil your hole has the wider and bigger it will get). I like to have either some promix or at least some perlite with me and some bat guano and bone and blood meal. Good luck with your grow, outdoor organic grown herb will outperform any indoor growroom any day. Peace out

I like working from clones to, but if you want to try new strains you have to get a mother from somwhere, unless your in Cali, you can't just go down the road to get clones.

I grew outdoors for 20+ yrs...nothing compares to the outdoor grow! What made me give up, and go to the indoor thing was, I got sick of loosing plants to cops, and thieves...work all spring, summer and fall to find some one took all the rewards. I also do not grow 100's of plants anymore...there is no need for it, I'm happy with my dozen or so.

I just wanted to add to what Skunk said about takeing a different path...that is solid advice...and should be strictly followed. But what ,made me post again was to further enforce the idea of keeping your area clean, take a trash bag with you, don't only pick up after yourself, but pick up any plastic or trash that you see laying around on our old mother. Leave your spot cleaner than when you found it! Keep the ground pure so that our great grand children can plant their weed to!

If your area is heavily forested, you need to find places that will get five hours of sun daily minimum. These guys that have replied to you are on the money bout where and how to go bout doing the Steath thing. No trails to grow is a biggie.

wow!! thank you all very much for your input, i really appreciate you taking the time to help me with this.... have a great day

Latest posts

Back