H E A D A C H E S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ravishing_68

Reaction score
Man do they sux... I happen to be one of the lucky ones that can get tension headaches, cluster headaches or migraines. Too much sugar or lack of food with substance (fiber, protein, things that fill up your tummy) is definitely an exasperator. I used to get headaches so awful that I would take a cold pack and wrap it tightly around my head with an ace wrap (yes I know the visual is quite hilarious, “someone give her a drum!”) and lay in my closet (very dark and quiet)
I started taking a couple of tokes to help me relax, but sometimes now I get a little relief and then the headache seems to come back with vengeance. Is it the strain? Is it my new way of headaches? I had a hysterectomy at the beginning of January and I know my hormones are screwy…

What works for you when you have a headache?

Just wondering...have you tried to massage your hand??...make an "L" shape with your hand. apply pressure to the web of skin where you feel the meat or muscle join the pointer finger and thumb...apply constant steady pressure and massage it as if it were your upper back or neck..do this for about 15 minutes in a not so brite room that is quiet. It helps a family member of mine who has very bad migranes.

i get migrane headaches about once or twice a month since i was a teenager. they come on hard and strong, at their peak they actually make me vomit, then it usually goes away after that. when i was like 16 or so i spent like two weeks in the hospital having every test known to man and they never found anything that was causeing them. back then i would get them two to three times a week, then all of a sudden they just stopped. then about mid 20's they started coming back here and there, i am in my early 30's now and get them like i say once maybe twice a month.
i can feel them coming on, just a slight pressure that increases until it gets super intense and i can feel my temples throbing. then i start to feel sick, and about ten minutes later i vomit, and whatever the vomiting does it releives the pressure and they usually go back to a dull pain and withing about 20 minutes its almost totally gone.

i have never had smoking be any help or trigger them either, you find a good headache cure rav and i am all ears!!!!!!!!!

i use to get cluster head achs.my dr.told me to do cyane pepper n by gosh no more cluster head achs.check it out.
fatman
i can handle any thing but tempation

fatman said:
i use to get cluster head achs.my dr.told me to do cyane pepper n by gosh no more cluster head achs.check it out.
fatman
i can handle any thing but tempation

Pray tell my good friend... give me more information than "do cyane pepper"... explain more thoroughly.

Right now I've had a headache for going on 33 hours. This one started in my sinus area (thought it was sinus infection) and then ebbed away some.. this morning I woke up to it being in the back neck and shoulders, fingering it's way up the back of my head like a vice into my temples (probably tension).

Since aneurysm run in my family, my mother died at 39 of a cerebral one, her father of an aortic one... I tend to worry when I get these ones that last over a few days. In 2000 was the last time I really had a doctor work up on them, they couldn't find anything but said to me "If you get a really bad headache you should check into the ER in case it is a brain aneuryms",... well now... isn't that good news????

cyberquest said:
i get migrane headaches about once or twice a month since i was a teenager. they come on hard and strong, at their peak they actually make me vomit, then it usually goes away after that. when i was like 16 or so i spent like two weeks in the hospital having every test known to man and they never found anything that was causeing them. back then i would get them two to three times a week, then all of a sudden they just stopped. then about mid 20's they started coming back here and there, i am in my early 30's now and get them like i say once maybe twice a month.
i can feel them coming on, just a slight pressure that increases until it gets super intense and i can feel my temples throbing. then i start to feel sick, and about ten minutes later i vomit, and whatever the vomiting does it releives the pressure and they usually go back to a dull pain and withing about 20 minutes its almost totally gone.

i have never had smoking be any help or trigger them either, you find a good headache cure rav and i am all ears!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I totally know what you mean about the vomiting... I found that ice packs wrapped around my head with an ace wrap and a warm bath with the lights turned off (it is a hall bathroom, no windows, very dark) for a half hour can help immensely when I get to the vomiting point. I hate the vomiting because my head feels like it's going to pop off as it is, and then the vomiting is like electrical in my head... horrible suffering!

StinkBud said:
I've had a headache since 1986, when I was in a pretty serious motorcycle accident and take oxycodone regularly. I've been trying to get rid of them for 20 years so I learned alot along the way.
Like you, there are triggers that can amplify my headaches, and weed can be one of them. It all depends on the cause of your headache.

The four causes are;
1 stress/tension. - Try any muscle relaxant

2 Blood/pressure, or flow - Try a drug called propanolol, or nadolol.

3 Nerve damage - Try gabapentin.

4 overactive neurotransmitters - amitriptyline, desipramine

Since pot affects blood flow, it can seriously amplify a headache if that's your base cause.
The four causes are;
1. stress/tension. - Try any muscle relaxant. Sometimes flexeril will help sometimes, mostly by me just falling asleep. But a lot of times that is not an option with work and kids.
2 Blood/pressure, or flow - Try a drug called propanolol, or nadolol. hmmm...I've never had high blood pressure until this last time I went to the doctor... my diastolic is in the upper 80's- lower 90's. Doctor started me on lisinopril, it gives me the "pril" cough, so I really haven't had much luck with that medication, but I've not had any of the "olol" meds which work differently then the "prils". I will look into this.
3 Nerve damage - Try gabapentin. I honestly think some of this is nerve damage. I have serious problems with my hips and I have to get my doctor D.O. (bone doctor) to readjust my hips about every 3 months. Unfortunately, doctors are not so keen about prescribing gabapentin for headaches... usually neuropathy has to be established. But I will check with my doctor.
4 overactive neurotransmitters - amitriptyline, also known as Elavil (an anti-depressant) I have taken this before, but found it made me very sleepy, therefore not a good medication for me. Also, it needs to be taken daily taking about a week for noticable changes. desipramine Norpramin another antidepressant...this I have never taken and will bring it up with my doctor. I am on the lowest dose of Prozac and have been for 12 years, so I have to be careful with other same type meds.

Usually pot will relax me and I can get a headache to go away, but there has been two occasions that I did get a headache from it, which worried me that when I was buying from others if they weren't growing it or adding something to it, there fore I decided to grow my own to see if my own gives me a headache. So far that has not been the case.

My biggest triggers are :

Stess/tension
too much sugar, especially on an empty stomach (junk food run)
very bright light (once got a 3 day migraine from a car bumper catching the sunlight and reflecting into my eyes)

Thank you all for responding, giving me more avenues to check out.

Well, I'm only one person and not very smart, but I think the food we eat is the cause of 90% of the ailments we have. Food can cause diabetes, headaches, obesity, heart disease, cancer and on and on. Two years ago I weighed 225 lbs and didn't think about what I ate. I read a book called "How to Eat, Move and Be Healthy" written by Paul Chek. It gets into alot of holistic approaches to eating and by implementing some of the practices he advocates, I lost 45 lbs and have kept it off. More importantly, I changed the way I think about food.

I hope this doesn't sound preachy. Good luck and I hope you feel better Ravishing.

Latest posts

Back