H I D question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thedonofchronic

Soil grower
Reaction score
if im turning my 400w hps on and off for 12/12 lighting, when i hit the light off it kinda stays on for a while. but dim. So will that mess up the flowering at all? if so what can i do.

My 400w MH did the same thing but only when I put it on a timer, and then I got a new timer and all was fine! Hopefully thats your problem if not I'm not sure what it would be? Hopefully that helps a little. Phatpharmer:hubba:

P.S you don't want any other light on dim or not during flowering!

Is the bulb just cooling down? they all glow for a short time when turned off from this.

yeah that is what it is. like does that mess with it or what?
its cooling down but it still has a small light comming from it...

Never had any probs. Never actually thought about it. But if you're concerned shave 5 minutes of your timer...couldn't hurt.

i have to buy a timer in a couple days one with a three prong
so ill turn it off with the ballast for now
but i get it
prolly cause when the lights cooling it is still giving light, so the flowering hasnt like begun yet because it hasnt reached total darkness.
after its done cooling no lights can be on it. and when you turn it on, its got a dim light again to warm up at the start doesnt it? or does it go away

There'll always be that warm-up period when first turned on. Just run your timer when you get it 12/12 don't worry about that short warmup or cool down period. For now stick with what you've been doing switching it off manually. Get that timer asap.

nothing to worry about with this warming up and cooling down. this is all common and is not harmful to the plants whatsoever. get a reliable timmer spend a little more. i learned that

Latest posts

Back