hai ;-p

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

panic in paradise

meditaker/cultivator
Reaction score
hello hello

:)

pleased to meet you.

i am a mmj patient, my current grow is totally unorganized, but consists of:

4 DWC spots
maybe 2 individual DWC's or soil pots(?)
2 150hps enclosed ballast units
2 4' fluro's with a variety of color temps
2 26w CFL - have & more may add more
or 2 more 42w CFL

currently flowering a dutch treat, a bluevelvet hermi, and a bluevelvet that was cut back, veg'd, pollenated and is regrowing fairly rapidly.

i have Sdiesel cuts i am attempting to root, maybe 5 of them from a past grow. i tried trimming back the SD to attempt to reflower, but it looked on her way out so i trimmed some nice branches after a week of 24/7 light.

im waiting for the lights to kick on now to start economizing my space, im new to the HPS's and growing mmj in general really, but as much as id rather go get a 400W im up to the challenge with 150's.

i am a bit frustrated with the 2, and am not sure when the inevitable upgrade comes if it would be worth it as far as light spread to add a 250 or another 150, or try and sell the 2 150's to help get a 400.

i have ankylosing spondylitis, and am erm, deteriorating... so im going to need to make this as self sustainable as possible w/o paying someone else, my body cant act on as much as my manic mind can absorb.

um, so yeah pleased to meet yuh, ill maybe post some pics of the current state of my grow, its sad heheh, maybe they will be some amazing b4's & afters.

;)

Life Love Laughter!

Glad to have you here, and we'll do all we can to help you with your grow! Look forward to seeing your posts.

Hiya PIP!

Welcome to MP! I am so sorry to hear that you suffer from AS. I can totally dig it. My "main stem" is funky too; DDD since age 18. Sciatica, mangled IV disc at L5-S1 and sacroiliac joint, post-surgical pain from three separate lam/discectomies... big, big fun. :(

You mentioned that you're fairly new to growing, does this mean you're new to marijuana as well?

The good news for us spinal crips is that the anti-inflammatory function of the endocannabinoids in MMJ can significantly mitigate our pain and stiffness. Do you have any iridocyclitis and/or uveitis symptoms attendant to the AS? I have a buddy who also has AS (we met thru a chronic pain clinic) and, unfortunately, she has(had) significant eye pain from uveitis. Since she started vaping, however, her eye pain and interoccular pressures have gone waaaayyyyy down, and her low-back scene has improved quite a bit as well. When we met she was on the verge of hiring an in-home caregiver, that was almost a year ago and she has no plans for a caregiver to date! She considers it a small miracle in that a little pot did what months of NSAIDs, COX-2 inhibitors, and opioids could not. I too have all but ceased taking any PO meds, though I do keep a little of the "good stuff" around for breakthrough.

Anyway, welcome again to MP. All the best in all your growing endeavors and may your spinal demons wither and die! The power of Kush compels you! :mad:

~Snax (He Who Weirds-Out the New Guyz :D )

I have scoliosis and I am very comfortable right now after smoking.
How big is your grow space feet x feet?

:)
Gb

thank you all for the welcome in :)

my eyes havent caused me any pain, but have started watering, blurring, or behaving sensitive to light lately. a saw a second rheumy a few days ago and he wants to add fibro, and osteo arthritis to the list as well. i cant take NSAIDs, and cartiosetriods have very minimal effect. i was taking humira ith great success for a couple of months, then it began to stop working for more hten 4 days or so. i then tried remicaid which helped the AS, but gave me plearisy so i aint messing with that.

my wife and i are running out of time to breed, and i learn right before taking methotrexate(sp) that is cause spermazoidal mutation, and TNF's can make you sterile. a pain clinic at a major uni is supposed to contact me with an appointment date, which im sure will be in a month or two...

i for some reason cant get graced with the good stuff, the last doc i saw said that marinol and opioids are contraindicative lol... w/e...:(

so, my space atm is confined to a 2x3 space, in a 4.5x5.5 closet with an angled ceiling making out the chapel ceiling of the room.

the hermi is going first thing tomorrow, i have an attachment to the aforementioned pollenated bluevelvet re-flower, but i might just have to let her go.

im supposed to make a 4 hour trip for some clones, maybe, god the medical marijuana laws in this state make it impossible...!!!

if all goes well i will have a large variety to chose from, NL(#5) seems like the immediate 1st thought for a small closet, but, i seem to sway towards thai based strains, i think dutch treat has a bit in it, and would grow that out again for sure, white rhino could be ideal, i dont care much for blue berry, or master kush i havent had much experience with those though, not sure about shishka's, i only trust the sourD from the clones i have, i love afghani, but that might get too bushy, although it would be nice for hash which is also part of my process, use every last bit! strains i liked recently were manatuska, block head, and black domina, the manatuska was O/D, and was obviously growen for size, but i could see its potential ;) the other two where great aswell, and i would grow either, the block head is very suitably named, and just what i need most the time, made me starving, i finally ate some doughnuts after not eating for 3 days except for a banana, so i neeeeeed the munchies, food disgusts me now, and im one hell of a creative cook and saucier, im 6'6" and am down to 145lbs,
~ dramatic sigh

im no noob to mj, but in the med world yeah, ive got my physicians recommendation since june.

ill start a grow report soon, hopefully with at least 6 hearty lil'ns. i believe i have 40k+ lumens, and would veg any extra plants, or make room.

If you don't mind, what MMJ state are you in? I know where I'm at in Michigan the laws are so new, that getting any help is near to impossable, although I have heard of a couple compassion clubs around, we are certainly a far way away from CA.

Latest posts

Back