Harborside Romulan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IRISH said:
so , how did she line up with ya bro? got that buzz were hunting for?:) ...

when are you starting the subs super soil grow? i dont want to miss out on it...

I haven't gone back to her since. A few weeks cure and I'll try again.

I am ready for the SS grow to start. Everything is ready now. Just waiting for the bubba girls to reach height. They are at about 16" now and I'll let them go to about two feet. I will probably transplant them into the final buckets in the next week or two and let them veg for another week before flipping. There will be about 10" to 12" worth of SS in each bucket. My SS has been curing for almost two months. It is almost time! This will be a test run. Bubba is a hardy plant and perfect for the job. The next grow is gonna be the one. I have my DC ladies vegging and they will be about 2 1/2 months old when flipped. These will probably have the same amount of SS, if not more... Can't wait bro!

I was going to start a journal for the DC but might just jump the gun and do a bubba one first.

kasgrow said:
I just harvested a couple of beautiful bubba kush from harborside. They are the hardest buds I have grown in years. They are very heavy, hard and frosty buds.

> love to hear this, as i just started 5 bk last week...

make sure you let me know nv so i can ride along on the bk ss grow then bro. did you just start the dc?

yeah, do a bk journal, then if they run togeather, start another with the dc.:hubba: ... don't mind me, i'm comfortably baked, and rambling.:D ...

No worries bro, it'll be like you are right there! I started the DC from seed then took cuts. I gave all the fems to a friend. The cuts have been in veg for a few weeks and I haven't even flipped the bubba yet. Talk about cutting it close! Good thing deep chunk is such a slow vegger. I am gonna add a few things to this grow. I have a banana kush (I think) and 2 LUI and some pre '98 bubba I want to throw in with the regular bubba. I might throw a green crack in there to see how it works and an urkle perhaps. Some of this might have to wait for the dc flip. Hey, it almost winter so let the good times roll!

Ok so, after a few weeks cure the HS rom has definitely improved.

It's still not quite done. It's not burning yet quite the way I like it to. It maintains a bit of harshness on the draw and still has a little bite on the exhale.

The smell is mild until broken up and wiffs of pine/mildly sweet/earthiness/very lite citrus fills the nose.
The flavors range from heavy baby pine or a bit of camphore/mint/earthy and generously coats the tongue like a good ice cream would. The flavor really hangs in the mouth and doesn't quickly dissipate. This seems like a good thing at first but quickly wears on you. Not exactly the 'best' tasting ever. The romulan I have tried in the past never had this strong of flavor but, then, I didn't grow it.

I can definitely feel it's affects this time around. It's not so much the lower body buzz I was hoping for, but has developed into a balanced head/body That will keep you somewhat social. Next time I smoke this I will over indulge a bit and see what happens then. The buzz seemed to linger a while longer than some of my other stuff and made discussing detailed or heavy concepts a little difficult. It was distracting to the mind but played well with 'banter'.

Sex on Romulan: Yeah right, it didn't happen!. My friend came by after midnight and woke me up, smoked a bowl, talked for a while and then left. She owes me! My guess is it wouldn't be my first choice. Rather go with the afgooey;)

Thanks for the update Nvthis. I hope I can chop mine in a couple of weeks. The buds are fattening up nicely.

Any pics Kas? Would love to see if it looks similar to the one i just finished..:hubba:

No pics yet. I will have to stop being lazy and take some pics soon. I was just out watering and they are really starting to look good.

NV.... hey man I was just reading you smoke report...... If I didnt know any better I woulda thought I was reading from a connesuerr's report at a 5 star steakhouse :D great descriptions brotha :)

Hey NVthis, here are a couple of pics a clone I took of a harborside romulan. It is starting to fill in some. It will be the first harborside romulan I will be chopping.
I fired up a bowl of bubba kush from a harborside clone I grew earlier and it zombied me for a while.
garden 013.jpg
garden 014.jpg

Wow! I don't know how I missed this Kas.. I was thinking mine looked nothing at all like that! Then realized maybe they are ending a dry cycle and ready to be watered;) You must have harvested, yeah? How did it work out?

nvthis said:
Wow! I don't know how I missed this Kas.. I was thinking mine looked nothing at all like that! Then realized maybe they are ending a dry cycle and ready to be watered;) You must have harvested, yeah? How did it work out?
The romulan turned out really good. It took a long time to ripen though. I think it was more sativa leaning. The smell is a little sweet and the high hits you in the eyes pretty fast. I have given it to friends also and they liked it. I think it just takes a long time to ripen. I didn't keep track but I would guess it was about 13 or more weeks. I haven't cured it yet it is still hanging because I have been lazy. I like the bubba kush more but the romulan yielded much better.

kasgrow said:
The romulan turned out really good. It took a long time to ripen though. I think it was more sativa leaning. The smell is a little sweet and the high hits you in the eyes pretty fast. I have given it to friends also and they liked it. I think it just takes a long time to ripen. I didn't keep track but I would guess it was about 13 or more weeks. I haven't cured it yet it is still hanging because I have been lazy. I like the bubba kush more but the romulan yielded much better.

Holy smokes! 13 weeks or more? Wow! Lucky guy:D Mine was ready @ about 9.5 and a very good yeilder also. Not really sweet so much as pure christmas tree. Good on ya man. Wonder of they are the same? Yours did appear to have a slightly higher leaf ratio, but only slightly, and I doubt it would mean much.. Cool bro, thanks for getting back to me!

Latest posts

Back