Have A Question And Need Some Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whiterussian

Reaction score
I was just in my grow room and i was looking at one of my plants and it has little balls that look like seeds on the branches and on the main stem, inbetween the fan leaf and the stem theres balls that look like a seed, but its not a grape bundle of seeds or anything its just 1 on each side, and 1 of them opened so i pulled it out, but the thing is theres a bunch of white hairs on that same plant!!!!! :eek: I think its a hermie because of the seed looking balls, but the white hairs make me think its a female, and none of the hairs are brown, its either white hairs, or seed looking balls and its budding too but i cant tell if its a hermie or not please can someone help me with this because im about just to break that plant into 3 and light it on fire, i hate hermies

It sounds like a hermie, but can you post a picture? Plants can sometimes have some strange growth--we wouldn't want you to chop-chop a healthy girl...

The Hemp Goddess said:
It sounds like a hermie, but can you post a picture? Plants can sometimes have some strange growth--we wouldn't want you to chop-chop a healthy girl...
Heres the pictures you wanted, you can see the balls im talking about, there on the main stem around the middle of the stem, but theres white hairs everywhere, and its budding, but these are the balls i think are seeds or hermie flowers

hermaprodite.jpg

hermie.jpg

Could be new branch growth. Hard to tell though really.

I know what u are looking at, my plant had the same thing and ppl told me it twas a male lol..i didn't destroy it yet...just in case it is trying to be tricky!

What is your plant in, vegetative or flowering? ( judging by the orange glow im guessing flowering, in which case it may be hermy but you may not want to kill because you still might get bud if its late in flowering ) if in flowering how many weeks?

It could be a pollen sack but its hard to tell, if it is you will want to kill the plant before the pollen makes everything go hermy. I would isolate it if you are able to.

iClown said:
What is your plant in, vegetative or flowering? ( judging by the orange glow im guessing flowering, in which case it may be hermy but you may not want to kill because you still might get bud if its late in flowering ) if in flowering how many weeks?

It could be a pollen sack but its hard to tell, if it is you will want to kill the plant before the pollen makes everything go hermy. I would isolate it if you are able to.
Yes that plant and one other plant looked the same with those seeds and i think i saw a seed looking ball that opened! on a branch and i freaked and put both of them outside still with the pumps running on an extension cord, so now i got 4 plants inside my tent, i really hope it didnt hemie anything, and i got another question on the main stem of my citral hashplant, like 2 of the preflowers on the main stem, the white hair turned brown, but only 2 little preflowers on the main stem not the buds or anything, is that normal? or did that stupid other plant contaminate my GIRL. I sprayed down the plants really well, and the tent, all the leaves were dripping so i got everything wet, i hope nothing got F***ed up or ima hate myself :eek: that hashplant was a perfectly healthy female(my best one) and its 2.5 WEEKS INTO FLOWERING

I cant see balls yet,,or hairs.;) Maybe everything OK..Keep close eye out,,,well not out,,but ya know what I mean.:D

Take a better picture- that could be a calyx or new growth- it's not necessarily a hermie.
When you say: "i think i saw a seed looking ball that opened!" If it was a male pollen sack it would be hanging down and opened if it burst.
Like I said- put up a better picture.

No there is white hairs( a lot of them ) and thats the best picture i can take with my camera phone sorry but yes i did see one of those things open and it looks like a hermie flower to me because i remember what they look like from my last grow there yellow 5 fingered flowers

That plant is forming male pollen sacks.

Either kill it IMMEDIATELY or deal with a pollenated (with hermie genes) harvest.

Choice is yours.

...and for the record, when the plant has been in flower for more than two weeks, there will be no more...additional branch growth, as in no new branching.

Flowers will develop, but no more vegative growth, as the hormones to maintain and control vegative growth are no longer being used by the plant.

Okay so it is in early flowering which means if it did hermy bad chance you will get any smokeable bud from it, So atm it's all upto you if you want to risk having it around.

To me though I cannot tell if it is a pollen sack oh and the brown hair should be normal some hairs turn darker sooner then others.

odds are that its an unstable strain and was stressed into hermying when you changed the lights to 12/12, judging by the timeframe.

Latest posts

Back