heat, what to do

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dirtysox

I have a 400w plugged in and Im using a sealed reflector. with the 440 cfm can fan turned on, the temp taken 12 inchs below the reflector, is 87 degrees. with the fan turned off, its 89 degrees. Should I hold back on the noise and electrical draw of the fan, to sacrifice 2 degrees? Will the plants still grow at 89 degrees? I dont see how they wouldnt, I have seen mj in fields outdoors, where the temp is well above 100 during the day?
your input is needed

From what I have read, optimum growing temp is 74 to 77 degrees. My problem is that the best that I can do is, 87 degrees, and thats with a can fan and sealed reflector! Will the plants still grow, but not at the full potential, of a plant in a 74 to 77 degree enviroment?

89 is ok, thanks alot. maybe I shouldnt worry so much. later when I have more cash, I will get one of those radiators that you use with a water chiller, I heard those things can make a room cold!

They'll be fine. Ambient temps are higher than that in my part of the world. If the 440 isn't also used for air exchange then you could probably sack it.

thats what IM gonna do then, get some store credit! more goodies!

Are the temps you mentioned consistent? Keep an eye on water and nutes ph.

Increased co2 is recommended at higher temps.

The air will never get lower than the intake air temperature. What temperature is your intake air to your grow area and where does it come from?

i have the reflector hanging out in the open on a frame stand, in a 10x12 room. The air temp in the room is 82 degrees, the can fan (which also sits in the room), pulls that air from inside the room, and blows it thru the reflector and then out of the room thru 6 inch duct

Stoney is correct,if you use an a/c as your intake you will drop temps,but this plant doesn't really care it will grow in most conditions,grow sites post optimal conditions,what we indoor growers shoot for,my temps now in week 9 daytime are running 80-84,Aug in Ohio can be brutal,but if you control your humidity,50% or so,the temps will not be a huge factor,my night time temps are like Stoney said the same as my outside temps,I intake direct from my basement window,good luck and enjoy

This appears to be a double thread,I think I saw and commented on a similar one,check it out

Temp stays consistent. I have had luck with watering once a week, to as far as 2 weeks between watering. However with the hid radiating on 2 gallon pots, I will be sure to keep an eye on the watering. I cant afford co2 at this time, allthough I would like to. these plants will be autos, with 9 weeks of total growth. I will only be adding 1/2 of the prescribed dosage of organic bloom, by what the manufacturers feed schedule is on the bottle, for weeks 4 thru 8. There will be no nutrient for seedling thru week 3, just the ocean forest nutrient for the plants to feed on in the beginning. I hope that the fox farms soil/perlite mix with ro water, and reduced nutrients will keep things green.

420grower
sorry, Im first concerned with the temps, and second, if my set up was wrong, im worried and apologize

dirtysox said:
i have the reflector hanging out in the open on a frame stand, in a 10x12 room. The air temp in the room is 82 degrees, the can fan (which also sits in the room), pulls that air from inside the room, and blows it thru the reflector and then out of the room thru 6 inch duct

Air exchange requires the intake air to be of a sufficient volume to cause an equalization of temperature in all parts of the involved environment.

If you pull enough 82 degree air into your 87 degree grow room, the temperature of the grow room will be 82 degrees.

If you don't have enough air exchange of 82 degree air to the grow room, then the temperature won't change enough to lower to 82.

If the temperature in your grow room remains at 87, the plants will grow fine. It may make them grow with increased inter-nodal length as a result of the increased temperature.

thanks all
last question: will the higher heat affect the final yield and potentcy, greatly or marginally

dirtysox said:
thanks all
last question: will the higher heat affect the final yield and potentcy, greatly or marginally

No, if you keep all the other variables at a good level.

dirtysox, having two threads that are exactly the same is confusing to everyone involved.

You can ask a Mod to combine them into one.

stoney
sorry didnt mean to, in one thread I wanted to address the set up of the room, and second was the temp, but they both came off as similar
forgive me

dirtysox said:
stoney
sorry didn't mean to, in one thread I wanted to address the set up of the room, and second was the temp, but they both came off as similar
forgive me

It's no big deal man, but the people in one thread may not realize that someone else already answered in the second thread. Then you get people who share both threads and the advice is repeated by different people.

If you PM Hick or one of the other mods, they can combine the two threads easily for you. Just give em a link to both.

It makes it better when new people try to use the information later.

Latest posts

Back