HELP! Please.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HGB, Get off my thread you pirate!!!! J/K ! Any and all thoughts are welcome :D

The way it happens with me is, a VERY sublte "lightening up" of green (you could almost think it was the angle you are looking at plant or the angle of light), then dying calyx at node sites, then yellowing of leaves, then wilt...Of course there is also that scaby substance that climbs the meristem, then primary & secondary branches first...

Forgot to mention Hemp Canker....which is what I am presently leaning towards....

The_Duhcider said:
note in pic 3 & 4 there are black spots on the leaf stem...This is not black dot , I don't know what it is, but I know it's not that. My guess is one or more of these things...Fusarium oxysporum, Charcoal rot, verticillium wilt,fusarium stem canker, Ophiobolus Stem Canker, Phomopsis Stem Canker, or Brown Blight...I recomend reading "Hemp Diseases and Pests; Management and Biological Control" By J.M. Mcpartland, R.C. Clarke, and D.R Watson...

The problem with diagnosing without a bio-assay in my case is that what I am seeing has some symptoms of all those things, but not all of one disease...GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

HGB, DUH'...Mine are showing very similar characteristics.."scaby substance that climbs the meristem, then primary & secondary branches first..."(thought I ha a pic)
..but it has not affected the meristem, and doesn't "appear" to be spreading.
Those branches were pretty much hidden by foilage, and escaped detection in the early stages, so I can't elaborate on the progression.
"Hemp Diseases and Pests; Management and Biological Control" By J.M. Mcpartland, R.C. Clarke, and D.R Watson..
..Thank you..

Hick said:
HGB, DUH'...Mine are showing very similar characteristics.."scaby substance that climbs the meristem, then primary & secondary branches first..."(thought I ha a pic)
..but it has not affected the meristem, and doesn't "appear" to be spreading.
Those branches were pretty much hidden by foilage, and escaped detection in the early stages, so I can't elaborate on the progression.
..Thank you..

Kinda looked like end blossom rot at first but have never seen that with a scaby substance on the meristem, but both have gave classic signs of that untill the scaby part :)

at a loss here

The only thing I am sure of, is that I have multiple problems. I live in an area where outdoor growing is heavy. And there are many vectors for diseases. Humans being the top vector. After all everyone has to go to town for supplies. This is probably just the begining for areas such as where I live.Unfortunatly, there is nothing to be done this late in the game for me. I will have to employ many IPM strats next year with sanitation and sterilisation and micro-beneficials being the forefront. Micro beneficials will be introduced into the soil at seedling/cutting stage and reintroduced on a regular basis. Solarisation, perhaps even pasteurisation for the soil...Sigh, well that's life eh? Goodluck and thanks to all for your thoughts and input.

Just thought I'd post some pics of this scaby growth on a primary branch...I have no idea what that pupal sac (not sure but that's what that ovoid shape with a hole in it looks like to me) held, and didn't find anymore on that branch or others. This growth kinda looks like Cornflakes under magnification...:eek:

PICT4562.JPG

PICT4536.JPG

PICT4539-1.jpg

PICT4541-1.jpg

PICT4582-1.jpg

PICT4583.JPG

The_Duhcider said:
Dyannas son,

It sounds like you have either, White root grubs, weevil/curculio grubs or Root maggots, or flea beatle grubs...got any pics of the little bastages?
yeah it was only in one spot and only one plant got messed up all my others are doing Great.:D

Latest posts

Back