help pls.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

da_devil_90

da devil
Reaction score
i have 2 plants 1 is only bout 6-7 days old and the second im not sure exactly how old but its only a few weeks, the second plant's leaves look kinda deformed and a little droopy. i have it under 2 36 watt fluros with 5000 kelvin, lumens im not sure on, the light sits about 5 cm or so above the plant and i water every 3-4 days and going to start using the good ol' miracle-gro every 7-14 days, but ive only started using that in the last few days and i have my lights on 18/6. id put pics up but my nets slow and still downloading that picasa program to resize my pics.. not that they that great of quality anyway. any help at this stage would be great thanx.

first of i wouldnt start on with the miricle grow untill they show signs of needing it ,,,,sounds like it could be over /under watered ,,,,
any pics yet ? they would really help !
what soil u using ?
whats ur ph ?

Lol im a bad dad, dnt worry bout ph, im using jus normal potting mix, I have a m8 that uses the same soil and does great in it, I know I was over watering at 1st would that still b a problem 2 wks l8a? still workin on the pix sorry.. Not even at home on my pc atm lol

it could be any number of things. its really hard to say for sure without seeing the plant and then we could be wrong

finally got pics up :) sorry for the wait

today 2.JPG

today 4.JPG

what is your ph ?
and is there any added nutes to the potting soil or have u used any yet ?

UKgirl420 said:
what is your ph ?
and is there any added nutes to the potting soil or have u used any yet ?

all ive done is a lil miricle-grow to perk em a bit but dnt rly need it yet, nd i dnt have a ph tester sorry, never used one lol starting to look like they perking up so fingers crossed, i think it might have been over waterering cuz i feel bad seein em get dry lol

Hippy in england, u say not enuff light? Do u mean too far away or too low wattage? Its jus that I jus put a plant in 2day from outside and seemed to grow nice, even in the 1st day I could see the growth... that would have to be a good sign yer?

You say you see new growth, what your looking at is stretching.

Stretching is a plant growing rapidly to get to the light, this is bad for the plant, it will fall over.

Do you have a fan blowing on the plant?

Is your lighting 'Tube' lighting or are they these?

cfl_light_bulb.jpg

Nah they tube, not cfls nd yer the 1st plant that I got pics posted up of started stretching so I moved the light closer and filled in the pot with soil some more that seemed to solve the prob.. Or at least I think I did lol that particular 1 seems to be perking up as well. My lights are 2x 36 watt, with 5000 k per bulb, that not enuff for vegging? 1st indoor grow nd I have read the stickys nd stuff lol so im soz for bein a pain in the butt lol

Nah they tube, not cfls nd yer the 1st plant that I got pics posted up of started stretching so I moved the light closer and filled in the pot with soil some more that seemed to solve the prob.. Or at least I think I did lol that particular 1 seems to be perking up as well. My lights are 2x 36 watt, with 5000 k per bulb, that not enuff for vegging? And yer I got 2 pc fans, 1 intake with 1 outlet, I have a dodgy grow area for the nxt 2 wks till I move, then ill have a room under the stairs for a proper grow.. 1st indoor grow nd I have read the stickys nd stuff lol so im soz for bein a pain in the butt lol

Yer man my lights add up 2 that bro, jus under 3000 lumens.. 40 watt = 3000 lumens according to that.. I run 2 36 watt.. Only cuz everywhere was outa 40 watts!! Damn place I live lol, nd nah those bulbs are only a wk old now.. Already thought of that lol

I would personally go with a CFL, but its your call.

Compact fluorescents are close relatives of the 4ft tube fluorescents, commonly used in shops and schools for their white, soft light that does not cast any defined shadows. These lights are long tubes, usually 4ft long, filled with a gas that releases a photon of light when excited by electricity. The electricity is passed through the tube from the metal sections at either end, thus exciting the gas within and releasing photons of light. These lights must have a 'starter' which gets the light going initially, unlike incandescent which can just be turned on and off without one. Regular fluorescents usually emit 18w of light per tube, and cannot be plugged straight into a wall socket.

Compact fluorescents, on the other hand, are made for use in regular light sockets, and can easily be installed by anyone with basic handyman skills. Compact fluorescents are usually around 8inches long (not including the ballast, which usually adds about 3 inches to the total length) and emit minimal amounts of heat from the globe itself. Most of the heat emitted from a compact fluorescent comes from the ballast. These lights are usually between 8w and 27w, although some variation may occur between brands and uses.

The main reason people choose CF's over regular fluoro's is their compact ability! They are very 'movable' and can be positioned almost everywhere. They put out MUCH more light than their bigger cousins, while using only a fraction of the space.

If your problem started after you started to use your nutes,my guess is either its a ph thing(nutes def. mess w/ the ph,maby stick 2 water-it was workin until you can monitor the ph)or you started with just 2 much nutes.Either way turn back 2 water 4 a bit and see if it corrects its self.Remember the top soil must dry a-bit b4 the soil down by the roots .Its my practice to water at soil level once maby twice a week,watering in the overflo pan inbetween soil waterings.
Simply add water 2 your over-flo pan and come back in 5 min(it varies to plantsize/root mass ),if the pan is dry add morew and repeat until you need to drain standing water.I do not recommend letting the roots stay in standing water for more than 10 min.,ever(unless hydro or highly air rated waTER http://www.marijuanapassion.com/Gallery/data/501/thumbs/420_mag_003.JPG
But thats just my 2 cents.GOOD LUCK.

Yer man cheers for the info, I got a 4 foot twin light for $25 and decided to make use of them, I've heard you can get bulbs that imitates the sun for it? I was thinking cfls b4 I found the 4 ft light for their moveability tho, but it was cheap and easy at the time.. Nd yer I know, you get out what u put in to them lol

O an nah prob started b4 nutes, jus added a bit as an experiment rly 2 c if it made a difference.. It didn't rly so im gonna wait till they a bit bigger before adding nutes, soil should already have it in it for at least another month or two

Latest posts

Back