Help with Fertilizers/Superthrive

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chemdog226

Reaction score
this is my first grow, i have a side of a closet roughly 1 1/2' x 2' and 4' tall. I'm thinking about using 4 26w cfls at around 1100-1700 lumens each (i think). how many plants should i shoot for? I've got 12 seeds germinating right now and they are almost ready. I've read forums where people say that using Superthrive will help out a lot in the vegitative growth cycle. is that true? Another thing is using "miracle grow rose formula" will that work for a fertilizer or is it true that miracle grow kills the thc content? Can anyone help me out with this, or in any other area. Thx

i`ve never heard of MG killing THC content, going by the size of your grow space your going to have to go bigger, unless your growing lowryder or something-no veg period etc.
that`s about enough room and light for 2 plants max,it willwork allright for the veg phase.
happy growing dude...

Well what about using SoG method? should i just try for short veg period then flower em, or would they still need more room? Also will those lights be ok for flowering? or should i try diff lighting for then?

won`t be much of a sea in that space!lol
for flower you will want to upgrade to an HPS or MH HID for good dense buds.
if you veg for 1 weekn then flower you may get away with it but to be honest, with the amount of weed you`ll get with that space you`d be better making your space bigger "IMO"

well i cant make the space any bigger right now im just trying for a couple plants for myself, how much space would i need for 7 females that i will start flowering at around 18-22"? I really have no clue what kind of plants they are either, they were in the bottom of a bag of KB, I guess if i need to i can extend the area to 2'x2' and almost 5'tall

that space is way to little for 7 plants. i budded 4 plants at 20 inches in a room 5'x7' and it looked like a jungle. they grew right into the fans and everything. they were well over 6' tall at harvest time.

Chemdog226 said:
wow. looks like i need to do some building

Try just one plant and do som LST and it might fit.

another thing is i have some miracle grow rose formula, is that gonna be fine for both stages of growth?

what`s the NPK ratio for the MG fert? if it`s for roses then it may do for flower. for veg you want more "N" head for something like 6-5-5, which is the same as 12-12-10. for flower you want the exact opposite i.e like 6-7-8-the same as 12-14-16 you get the picture:). you also need secondary nutes-you should find a good all-round fert or mix(worm castings are a great additive) just make your own mix or buy a chemical fert with "chelated" nutes, which basically means available to the plant immediately.
Superthrive is a good additive but it`s no "wonder juice".
final size at harvest can be controled by how long you veg them for, like say if you veg for 4-6 weeks and they are around 1-2ft, they may double or even triple in size which could grow to 6ft by harvest:hubba: .
your using MG soil i believe, so there`s no need to add additional nutes untill the 2nd or 3rd week of flower,for which you`ll want to begin at half,maybe even quarter strenghth nutes once a week, and "gradualy" increase to full.
MJ can take up loads of ferts if built up in small steps.
always plan ahead and read the grow journals, that way you can`t go wrong as everyone has made the mistakes allready for you;)
make your ladies feel good and they`ll repay the favour 10 fold.
;)
welcome to the world of growing your own, in no time (well about 12 weeks) you can join the "stoned for free" club.lol:lama:
oh BTW you`ll need a bigger grow space if your allready germing that amount of seed,dip your toe in first-crawl b4 you walk n` that...i`m well stoned forgot what this thread was about,lol.
good luck dude -Shuggy-

lol, i did get in over my head, didn't I. 1 more question. could the cfl lighting i have for veg also work for flowering? I'm not trying to grow top shelf bud right now, and I dont want to invest much money I just want to see if i can get a few descent plants to grow. If im sucessful im heading straight over to the home depot and going shopping.:hubba:

cfl`s will work, and work well at it too. you need high wattage ones,over here there are HID cfl`s for aquariums they work great, but for flower you should invest in a couple more 30w or something...
i`d deffinately reccomend purchasing an HPS/MH conversion ballast and fixture, that way you can use the metal halide for veg and the High pressure sodium for flower. that`s the best light spectrums for each phase, next to the sun of course.

that NPK ratio isn`t perfect but it would do for the veg phase,not so much the flower-too much N.
but i thought you were using MG 3mnth soil?

No, im using my own mixture of potting soil and perlite, i have some water soluble miracle grow rose formula.

don`t give the little dudettes any nutes until 2-3 weeks in.

g-13 said:
that space is way to little for 7 plants. i budded 4 plants at 20 inches in a room 5'x7' and it looked like a jungle. they grew right into the fans and everything. they were well over 6' tall at harvest time.

Is nothing but the truth.

Even my Lowryders got 4ft.

I would grow 3. better odds for females.

Ok i found some 20-20-20 all purpose plant food, i'm gonna use that plus the superthrive for the veg stage. Then should i switch to the 18-24-16 for flowering?

Latest posts

Back