hey hey, what should I do

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what should I do to get these plants healthy before harvest ??

• continue to feed em a normal flowering formula

• continue to feed, but boost nitrogen level also

• leave em alone, give em plain water for a week

• flush em again, then re-nute the soil again

• flush em again, but leave em a week w/ plain water

• chop em now and get the clones in there

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dan K. Liberty

Blazin' like the sun
Reaction score
ok, for all the bloviating I been doin on other people's grows, I have managed to screw up my own . . . :eek:

these plants are at day 45 of flower after a 45 day veg . . . first week of flower I started out feeding at around 800 ppm, and was bumping it up about 100 ppm more each week . . . week 2 @ 900, week 3 @ 1000, week 4 @ 1100 . . .

they were really poppin, so I figured I would step on the gas pedal a bit harder . . . and at day 35 I jumped it all the way from 1100 to 1400 ppm, mostly by boosting cal/mag . . . the GH3 part of that feed was @ 2-8-16

well, they choked on it . . . I noticed it pretty fast, and last weekend I flushed em all, let em drain a couple hours, then re-nuted with 2-8-16

but this hasn't turned things around . . . and the past ten days they've pretty much stopped growing and lost a huge amt of chlorophyll . . . the little mystery sativa shows necrotic leaf tips and looks like she has curlers in her hair . . . the other plants show no necrosis at all, just a bright lemon yellow color . . . but otherwise perfect . . .

what should I do ??

Aug27_02.jpg

Aug27_08.jpg

Aug27_11.jpg

maybe youve discovered a new way to grow ready cured marajuana lol sorry shouldnt laugh , so painful when you get so close and thing start to go wrong , looks like you were only a couple of weeks or so of from them buds filling out. ouch!!! wish I could help but I cant.....:holysheep:

Any idea what the roots look like?

I'd just ride it out on the all yellow ones and try to nurse the green one back with just straight water, till their roots recover.

even though I can't see em, I know the roots are very thick at the bottom 1" of the pots . . . I been bottom feeding them the whole time . . . these are 3 gal pots

whatcha mean by ride it out, duck . . . continue to feed ?

I think your roots may have bit the dust. can ya take a core sample or stick your finger down in the soil to make a hole to see roots?

ride it out with just water.

I'm with Duck on this. Just water and give the plant a little time for recovery. The green ain't going to come back, Is the new growth yellowing? What's the PH of the soil also?

I been bottom feeding em at pH 6.8-6.9 . . . after 24 hrs it goes down to 6.1-6.2 in the root zone, then over the course of the next 4 days it slowly rises back up to 6.9-7.0 as they dry out . . . temps have been optimal, humidity a bit high, soil is hyponex naturgro . . . gonna try and find something to take a core with . . .

there hasn't been much new growth to speak of this past week, Ozzy . . . they kinda like just froze and turned yellow . . . look at the closeup pic, even the little sugar leaves are yellowed . . . the greenest part is near the bottom of the plants

they have around 25-30 grams on em already . . . I was lookin for more like 45-50 . . . maybe thats where the mistake got started . . .

looks like a lockout..a good flush should help

and last weekend I flushed em all, let em drain a couple hours, then re-nuted with 2-8-16

Hmmm....Ive never added nutes that fast after a flush..when I flush its 3 times the container size in water...let drain for 30 minutes..then add 1 gallon PHd water....and check that run off...then I allow the medium to dry completly..takes like a week....then add nutes...good luck my friend

:48:

you water from the bottom..but do you flush from the top?

yeah no doubt, 4u . . . I figured last weekend that if they had hit a toxic salt buildup, flushing and then immediately re-nuting em would work right . . . but it didn't, so Im thinkin it musta been a toxic jump in the ppm that did it . . .

they need to be watered again tonite . . . thinking I may flush a second time, soak em down real good and just let em drink up the water for a week without re-nuting it this time . . . I still have about 20 days til harvest . . .

look, here's one of the girls gettin bent over the sump well last weekend :eek:

Aug18_09.jpg

Aug18_12.jpg

You really need to get a look at the roots. Ph needs lowered to arounf 5.9 or so also. When the soil dry out pretty well see if you ca tip the plant over carefully to remove it from the pot. Check for a nice healthy white root structure. If they are not a nice white ( or at least a light tan ) than you have a root fungas and would need to flush with h2o2. I tend to agree that its a lockout you are dealing with but you also need to find the cause. High ph, sick roots, over fed, all can cause lockout or lockout appearing symptoms.

How many ml/gal of cal/mg did you add to boost your ppm's to 1400?

Bloviating :heart::heart::heart:

Now there's a word you don't see every day.

Not experienced enough to help with your problem but had to chime in anyways

ok quit bein a wise guy . . . . . . tasty :icon_smile:

hmmmm lets see here . . . feeding on Aug 16th was a 3 gallon batch, GH3 @ 2-8-16 . . . added 24 ml micro, then 6 ml grow, then 48 ml bloom . . . then 2000 mg calcium carbonate, 1000 mg magnesium sulfate . . . so a total of 1000 mg per gallon cal/mag . . . or about 500 ppm in a 2-1 cal/mag ratio . . . twice as much as the previous feeding 6 days before

think i might try sliding the lil mystery sativa out of her pot tonite and get a peek down under there . . . :hubba:

You know I think you got excessive nute burn on the Sativa and then for some reason you got nitrogen lockout on the other ones rather than nute burn. I think you did the right thing by flushing them good but I might would have let them go about a week before adding back the nutes, and then only to about 1000ppm and much lighter on the cal/mag unless yer in coco. I think at this point I would flush them one more time and then wait for them to get to their next watering and do a light feeding of about 600-800ppm for the first week then bump to 1000 the next week if all goes OK and then stay at that level. Re-Green Mojo Bro :)

right on, HP . . . man, I had them so chock fulla nitrogen going into flower too, looking back at the pics they were such a nice deep green color :angrywife: . . . didn't think they could lock out and use up their reserve so quickly :doh: . . . will lose some yield no doubt, but hey at least they aren't gonna fall over and die . . . :hitchair:

so anyway, flushed em all again last nite . . . seemed to be getting high on the terpenes in there while moving em around . . . and will now let them dry that off before refeeding . . . ride it out like everybody says . . . the nugz that are put on already look and smell great, some trich heads starting to cloud up . . . I will still be fillin up some jars for the first time in too long . . . :cool2:

thanks to everyone for your input on this thread . . . epicstuff, duck, ozzy, 4u, randm999, HP . . . and yea ok . . . even you too, tasty :icon_smile:

plants started shooting new clusters of bud about 3-4 days after 2nd flush . . . pic is from day 51, six days afterward . . . when dried, I refed with 2-6-12 only, no cal/mag sups at all, and they seemed to take that well

the indica-side phenos are now showing their paternal purple hehe . . . crazy looking plants now with bright yellow fan leaves, purple on sugar leaf and dark green frosted bud clusters . . . man, I gotta get a new camera:p

thanks again, guys :clap:

Sep03_07.jpg

Latest posts

Back