Hi newbie here, veteran elsewhere

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

This is an unusual introduction, but we live in unusual times.

A few weeks ago my wife discovered that the US government owns two patents on Cannabinoids, issued in 2003 and 2006. I posted this in my favourite medicinal Cannabis forum, based in Ontario, Canada. A few days later I got word back that NORML was very interested and that people were examining the documents and implications.

I'll post the links in the News forum where they belong. I don't think it's possible to overstate the contradiction of the Bush Administration's rhetoric and acquiring these patents.

There are a few more recent stories that haven't been posted here yet, so I'll do that too.

I'll post follow ups as they happen.

peace and pot

Hello.... welcome to MP !

That sounds interesting, I will be checking out those links !
thanks

Welcome to MP......I look forward to your posting of this info...

welcome....look forward to seeing what ya have to say in the NEWS section..when haveing my coffee...but let me welcome you here..:48:

sounds interesting..

:bong: Welcome to Marijuana Passion!!! :bong:

:)

Gb

any idea on what the strains are? sounds very odd cause i had thought bush was all against the chronic...

iceman423 said:
any idea on what the strains are? sounds very odd cause i had thought bush was all against the chronic...

What makes you so sure Bush wasnt a closet believer in MJ :confused2:

The CIA is the world's biggest drug runner. I've read that, just haven't drilled down in that area.

A thread that runs through pot and prohibition and history is the Rockefeller name. From Old Bill in the mid 1800's; the Flexner report; his role in big pharma and the allopathic medicine insdustry; funding the research Dr. Raphael Mechoulam did in discovering THC in 1961, the same lab where anandamide was discovered.

Of course, the Rockefellers have important friends...

peace and pot

chris1974 said:
Hello.... welcome to MP !

That sounds interesting, I will be checking out those links !
thanks

Of course the links are down till I spend more time here. Most of my research is focused on Canadian issues, but some of what's going on in the States is really encouraging.

Dunno if this really means anything, but there was a 14 year lag between Canadian pot prohibition and US prohibition. '23 and '37. '37 was the first year for convictions for Cannabis in Canada. 4 men.

In 1996 Canada legalized hemp for research purposes. In 1998 hemp became legal to grow commercially. Should I bet the farm next year the US will have legal hemp in some form, probably similar to what happened up here? Then, there's 2012, and what are we supposed to think about that?

Food for thought.

peace and pot

Poter Principle said:
Then, there's 2012, and what are we supposed to think about that?

:peace:

Logo%20london%202012.jpg

Latest posts

Back