Highest temps you have successfully grown at?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saycheese

Reaction score
I'm battling with slight heat issues 34 degrees c at best since adding a second lamp to my groom

Just wondering if anyone has a morale boosting success story of any hot hot hot indoor grows that produced well despite temps being higher than the widely accepted maximum

I've successfully grown at 32c before with good results I'd say there was no evidence of major stress, yield was good and smoke was excellent
So although it's a problem temperature in theory and in practise for some, I found my results in that particular case to be good for me,

Anyone regularly do runs with high temps in the mid 30s without issues ?
( without c02 )

wow 34c is really high. most dont even run 34c with c02. plants running well with higher temps has a lot to do with how well you handle the RH. the problems caused by RH being off are multiplied when dealing with high heat. not only that, but genetics play a part when a grow room has higher then normal temps. if your plants landrace lineage comes from places closer to the equator then their genetics will allow them to better deal with higher temps.

with that being said, 93F is a very high temp. i strongly suggest better ventilation.

Had shed turn to cooker once cause of mismulfuntion to the fancy and ran temps 100 degrees fur bout 4 days and they be makin through with lots water but dont recommend doin this long on purpose would like to see mid 80s be bout highest pilgrem good luck yur trail walkin and hope yual yield yur need ;)

BWD

Ooooh that is pretty hot for an enclosed space. If you were outside the plants would get breezes and constant air movement whickh would allow them to acclimate. The only thing I woud say as I have not had my stuff do so well at anything above 30, is to get more air exausting ventilation to pull the hotter air out and fresher air in. You can also pull air from the crawl-space under your house or building if you have a crawl-space available. More often than not, those spaces are significantly cooler because of the ground contact.

I don't know how your ventilation is setup(and I may be telling something that you already know) but I have centrifugal fans set so that they pull the air like a vaccuume cleaner out of my grow through my 2 lights, that way the hottest air gets removed first. Then the vaccuume creates negative pressure which pulls fresh air in from beneath my building. :)

Since you asked for morale boosting stories of high temp grows i will keep my mouth shut.

Lool as I suspected....

My Osc fan isnt creating an 'outdoor' kimd of breeze it's pretty wimpy

38c now. Definately not enough extraction, but it was worth a try

I shall stick to 125w cfl + 400w hps @29/30c

I might have attempted a 32c grow but not 38/40 that's guna hermie or die for sure

Definately guna look into getting a 600w dimmable ballast and a sealed aircooled hood

I recommend getting your ventilation set up right and running both HPS lights. CFLs really need to be within several inches from the canopy to be of benefit.

have you tried putting a portable ac unit in your room? I am in the south and in the summers without the ac id be in trouble too. in the winter my room gets to 85 degrees and i have centrifugal fans, one extracting 460cfm on a 600w cooltube with xxl hood, and a carbon filter (has a 6 inch inline booster fan between light and filter also),and one on my inlet 190 cfm. In the summer its in the 100's with 100% humidity here lol, so without the ac i couldnt do it.

I have to use a portable ac unit in the summer as well(im in the south east) to keep my building cool enough. I also run my lights on during the night when its cooler and have them off during the hot part of the day(On@9pm/off@9am). Having the extra cooling of the night air being pulled from beneath my building where the daytime temps are not as hot, and pulling in in right beneath my ac allows me to cool it more before it goes into my tents. You will also find that having a good portable ac with a condensation catch pan will allow you to reduce the humidity in the room. You can hook to a water hose and drain out the water as it condenses rather than having to handle a drain bucket. :)

In the greenhouse ...:shocked:

P1040974 (640x480).jpg

Yeah that's a little too warm :eek: How big is the green house? We need to come up with some solutions for this. We can't have our grow brothers and sisters down under suffering with heat AND no decent smoke :eek:

Latest posts

Back