Holly crap! energy bill trippled! help please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Load Balancing is done only to provide a safer system. If too much power is on one leg vs another, it creates more heat in the line drawing more power and causes a faster insulation breakdown. The resistance of the line as a result of the additional heat would make a difference on the power bill of pennies per month, not dollars.
I am NOT a sparky... but this only makes sense. 100 kw is 100 kw, wether all off of one leg or 50 off two.
Ok I havnt read anyone talking about this yet... In your main circuit panel there is two legs. The meter that reads how much energy you use reads off of the leg that has the higher reading and that is what you are billed for every month.......
Sorry bud but if your using 60kw a day then that reading is being read off of only 1 leg... If you have an unbalanced load lets say 40 amps on one leg and 60 on the other you will be charged for the 60... But if you can even that number up close to 50 on each leg then you only pay for 50..
.:confused2:.. wait a minute..."if" I'm consuming 100 kw, then the utility co. is only going to charge me for 50 if my legs are balanced???..

hey i apologized for the insult. i have no hard feelings toward him. i could have saved someone a grand. you call an electrician and have him balance both sides and you pay him and find out you just wasted a grand for nothing. lets face it most people are honest but there are people out there who would def take advantage of the situation. now lets grow some bud

mindz you def have some nice looking ladies what strain is that 12 incher

black widow never seen it before ill have to do some lookin around.looks like they should be ready soon how much longer?and also what are your methods for curing and how long?

..."puuuuurfect"...........THANKS guys..:D

hahahha love the signature to funny alright i think i jacked this thread enough over to your journal

I just wanted to say Im sorry to all and to Dr Pyro, I was wrong.... I asked a senior journeyman at work who has been doing this for 30 years and he told me that load balancing will only save you money on a 3 phase and not on a single phase.... Almost all of the electrical i deal with at work is 3 phase, I was taking a commercial application and applying it to residential....

I deleted all my other posts in this thread so that it didnt confuse anyone...

Sorry folks.....

NO worries Mindzeye... At least you said it with absolute conviction! :p That's what counts... lol... When it happens to me fortunately Hick comes along and taps me gently on the shoulder and tells me what the real deal is... and I'm all the wiser!

No matter how many times I've seen it... I just love the title of this thread R999.... I LOL everytime someone digs it up again... :rofl:

Peace!:cool:

I cant really see the power company trip'n over your power consumption. the more you use the more they make. dont seem like good business practice. but thats just my opinion.( what do I know) heheh
Im running a 600 and a 400, hps's, a 5200btu a/c unit, 3- 6" inline fans ,2 box fans one osculater, and 11 pumps and I run mine during the day. my bill is about 50 to75bux a month xtra allso. so you def got somethin wierd goin on it sounds like.

MindzEye said:
I just wanted to say Im sorry to all and to Dr Pyro, I was wrong.... I asked a senior journeyman at work who has been doing this for 30 years and he told me that load balancing will only save you money on a 3 phase and not on a single phase.... Almost all of the electrical i deal with at work is 3 phase, I was taking a commercial application and applying it to residential....

I deleted all my other posts in this thread so that it didnt confuse anyone...

Sorry folks.....

....'stellar' fellar.. :D
It takes a big man to admit he was wrong!

Thanks Hiick...that was the first thing I thought of when I read his post....your a Champ Mindz!

Im beginning to think the meter was read incorrectly... This is the second month in a row where I have used less than 2k kw.. Three months ago they said I used 4400 or something like that and thats when I got the $364 electric bill.. the second month i used like 2k and the bill was $200, this month the electric bill was $150 and we used 1900 kw.
Im very happy, but at the same time I feel like a puss for not saying something a couple of months ago.. do u think theres anyway I can say look i think yall read the meter incorrectly, can u refund me or credit me? what do u think the chances are of them doing anything?

i have a very old 5 bedroom victorian which leaks like crazy and i run 3 window a/c's during the summer months and never shut them off and our bill only goes up around 20 to 30 bucks a month.....

Latest posts

Back