How Big?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imsoborednow

Reaction score
Guys.....any of you ever grown a sativa.....?......indoors??
Well Im trying but this lady might get the better of me.....shes bout a month into 12/12 ....What Im trying to say is...... that it dont stop growing......I was expecting stretch for the first two weeks as I get with my Indica's...........But shes still getting bigger....any advice ......if she gets much bigger she'll crowd out my room......dunno what strain she is ...she was a gift from a friends friend......veged it to about a foot high....The white line Ive drawn is the main stem....Ive tied it down a couple of times.....If it where straight up it be bout 6ft I guess.....

sativa1.JPG

They get BIG!!! You should put them on 12/12 from seed indoors. I had to execute a sativa I had growing for space reasons.

the tallest of the two but LST would have helped out alot.... but youre looking at a 6-7 ft. plant...... I believe that she'll slow down in a week or two but perhaps if you can concentrate a great amount of light on your sides to bush her out & perhaps help slow down the stretching.... one of the mods will get back with the exacts though so take this as my trial & error 2 cents....best of luck

I hope your right grow student ...bout the stretching....Ive just lashed that main tip down again back towards the base.....I wasnt expecting this growth its everywhere.....:) I mean do they grow like this for how long....it seems like 'inches':holysheep: a day.......got loads of bud sites though....:D

Thats all you can do is tie her down. From the looks of her shes going to keep stretching for a while. You should keep your lights above the plant always though.

:headbang2: Thx BBP.....I figured I just keep on tying and tying till it stops growing..:)
I experiment every now and then....the sativa is in my 'experimental' area.....eg. It dont get full light burn cos thats for my other ladies.....so shes limited to the side of the light,while I attempt to grow usin ALL the space I have.....Its just this one is going too strong...its only in a 3 gallon bucket....I was hopeing restricting the root system might stunt the plant somehow....seems I was wrong!.....Thats not unsual though...lol.
By the way BBP congrats on the MVP..... nice avatar...:headbang2:
Seems your everywhere these days........:)
Watched your AK48 grow......If you look closley at my pic you'll see some Nirvana AK at the front jus starting thier 12/12.......Oh yer......AND I ve jus pushed some Blue Mystic in the ground....:)
I like a guy whos on the same level.........................:D :cool:

bombbudpuffa said:
You should keep your lights above the plant always though.
Thanks for clarifying that for both of us BBP :) me being a straight CFL grower(first timer :D ) ive found out through trial & of course many errors that light on the sides(with CFL's ) greatly improves the "bushiness" & slows down the height growth.Offered my 2 cents but thanks for adding to it & raising my awareness....much obliged :hubba: now i think I may have 3 cents of proper knowledge on this subject.....

Hey gs it's no big deal. If you take those lights you have at the sides and put them at the top this will also slow top growth because your babies won't stretch for light;).

in fact the taller plants, side lighting is not only a good idea but pretty much required! With CFLs that is...

Latest posts

Back