how long is mother plants life span

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edward

Reaction score
i have amother that i have grown side ways light on the left and spunn the pot to train it to grow twards the light. it grows aroud a mesh that is triagle shaped im gonna bud it now but will it stay leafin and keep growing like a vine if i left it alone. its 12ft tall but grown side ways and round and round and only 2 ft tall supper fimmed and branchy 4 clippins. purple widow . im thinkin 2 do a whole crop round and round and side ways kinda a combo of scog and round and round and just wondering is there a max leafin time :hubba:

Ive read but I don't have a source that every time you reveg it diminishes the potency.

from what I learns from here in mp.. 7 years... but I have heard others said 11 years.. but I have seen one long big tree of female its like a huge x mas tree
in mountain of Nc and that takes lots of years to manage that big!! and it depend on their genetics some is autos, indoors grows shorter than outdoors..

up in the mountain has cleaner air where best mojo plants can live that long..

Well that is nice to know my mother will live 7 to 11 years that is bad ***. I have also learned that the best way to do it is to take clones because when you reveg you loose potency.

PERSONALLY! i wouldn't reveg her for 11 years. i really wouldn't. The whole point of making a mother plants is for making babies (clones).

NOT TO SAY that you cannot reveg her as many seasons as you want, but thats a lot of stress your putting on a plant. I dont think that the potency would deminish enough to be noticeable (within the first couple times anyways)

Any if you could keep a mother plant healthy (no pest, no disease, enough root space, great lighting, great feeding regimins) i dont see why a plant wouldn't survive.... well a lifetime! she'll keep growing with the right care. she'll probably grow in the wild just fine, especially in places with little to no frost and little drought.

However, those are just my thoughts. Could be wrong...

I take clones from all plants while in veg, and if grown from seed, I just throw out all the clones from the males along with the males. I think its way quicker to clone from the vegging plant, and then clone from the clone, rather than waiting for the flowered plant to reveg.

Latest posts

Back