how much light

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds nice and spacious,
It will matter with how many plants your going to put in there. Say for the sake of argument, that you are planning on six plants per side. Then on the flowering side I would say a 400 Watt HPS. On the vegging side you could do the same, or go with CFL's to lower that electric bill and usage.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

Like I said I'm no expert but take your total wattage divide by the total square footage of your grow and tell us what you get per sq. ft. I would help you out but I'm tired and don't feel like going to the other post again. Although I think your flower room has 6 600 watts

so 3600 watts divided by 180 = 20 watts per square foot, I think the rule of thumb is at least 30 per square foot, I think I can;t remember exactly it's late here. That's why I mentioned the light rails it might get you there, also do you have all these lights already? I was assuming you did so the rails were an option but maybe some more wattage would be the answer. What will happen in flower is you will get less bud and it will be fluffy...it's smokable but its gonna annoy the hell out of you, I hate fluffy bud. Also I think there are more experienced guys, maybe when they wake up they can be of more help.

Optimum light is 5000 lumens per square foot.

Your flower room is 12 x 15. That makes 180 square feet. 180 times 5,000 is 900,0000 lumens. A 1000 W HPS gives off about 140,000 lumens. Your flower room is gonna need 6 or 7 x 1000W lights to illuminate fully.

Your veg room is 10 x 10. That makes 100 square feet. 100 times 5,000 is 500,000 lumens. Your veg room will take 3 or 4 x 1,000W to illuminate fully.

So it's gonna take between 10 and 12 x 1000W Lights to do the job, if you plan on making use of the entire space.

That's a hell of a lot of light and a lot of electricity usage. Unless you're growing for profit (which is pretty much frowned upon round here, and you will find that people will not offer help if that is the case), I would advise to scale down.

peace RBH

Runbyhemp said:
Optimum light is 5000 lumens per square foot.

Your flower room is 12 x 15. That makes 180 square feet. 180 times 5,000 is 900,0000 lumens. A 1000 W HPS gives off about 140,000 lumens. Your flower room is gonna need 6 or 7 x 1000W lights to illuminate fully.

Your veg room is 10 x 10. That makes 100 square feet. 100 times 5,000 is 500,000 lumens. Your veg room will take 3 or 4 x 1,000W to illuminate fully.

So it's gonna take between 10 and 12 x 1000W Lights to do the job, if you plan on making use of the entire space.

That's a hell of a lot of light and a lot of electricity usage. Unless you're growing for profit (which is pretty much frowned upon round here, and you will find that people will not offer help if that is the case), I would advise to scale down.

peace RBH

not to mention it will flag the electric company and u might get a knock on the door from the feebees (FBIs) plus all them bulbs gonna give out alot of heat so u gonna need to vent i out and thats another NO NO cuz flying po po (police in helicopters) gonna pick them up wit dem nyce toys they have (heat radars)

Latest posts

Back