hydroponics tipes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chirp

Reaction score
I recently bought all my stuff to build my hydroponics. Looking for any advice for a first timer thanks.

chirp said:
I recently bought all my stuff to build my hydroponics. Looking for any advice for a first timer thanks.

My advice would be to read up before buying your stuff.
What stuff did you buy?

I've done my reading .... i went to low's bought a resvoir a place for my plants a pump all the necessary equipment now I'm going to buy seeds online ... any tips?

Tells us about your setup or what you had in mind to build. What kind of light do you have ?

thats one of my main questions .... currently i think im going with an ebb and flow system. Also I've been looking at lights on ebay ......are LED lights ok or not.. I already bought a high pressure sodium light but I'm thinking about returning it because of expense...any tips?

chirp said:
thats one of my main questions .... currently i think im going with an ebb and flow system. Also I've been looking at lights on ebay ......are LED lights ok or not.. I already bought a high pressure sodium light but I'm thinking about returning it because of expense...any tips?

HPS is the way to go, how many watts is the light you have?
How big is your grow area?

get floros for your young, rig up an exhaust, do you have a table or just a rez? get an oscilating fan or two, use quality foods and growing mediums, use reflective covering to better utilize ur light, purchase good genetics, and use common sense as much as possible. Theres a lot of thought that goes into the grow but, Experience is the best Teacher. goodluck n cya round

I have a table and I think I'm buying a hps 250 watt for about a 4 by 3 room and two plants each with their own set up

Also any website recomentdations for seeds... and what should I stay away from

And for cheap lights go here...htgsupply.com he's cheap, get your self the nice light, 400 watts is OK for a 4 x 3 a 250 won't cut it. If you go ebb and flow make sure you really read up on everything, it could be disastrous to say the least. Also like a previous poster mentoned...pH meter and some good nutes.
Good luck

Latest posts

Back