If caught by cops.. how are grams weighed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Say the cops busted someone.. they then rate your sentence on the grams of marijuana seized. Do they do this by ripping the plant from ground weighing the entire plant.. leaves.. stems .. etc which obviously weight a ton compared to the buds????

Also if a person kept leaves in a box..would that add just as much gram weight to a person's sentence as a full box shoebox full of bud??

If so be almost unwise to keep leaves .. or dry whole plants .. considering at least if u just get the buds.. if caught.. they can't weight ur leaves or stems on hanging drying plants as weight along with ur buds.

anyone have some good answers on these ?'s .. thanks

The guidelines set under the applicable law & applied to detemine charges, decide the case, and set the fines and sentences in drug cases are tools used by leo & the courts. They will use those tools to maximize the case against you- example, the gram weight. Dig up the plant, put it on the scale (and maybe a thumb too!), round up. Bud or leaves, primo or bunk, wouldn't make any difference.

Your lawyers' job would be to try to minimize the charges aginst you, and to put the construction of the facts most favorable to you. As one of the mods here said recently when someone asked about number of plants, they are going to use what they have to prove you had bad "intent."

You can never go wrong in this area by assuming the worse, because that will be the goal of leo & the prosecutor.

Gadzooks that blows buttermilk,
I have never seen a friend get busted, and don't want to. Seems I hear the stories, but never get the chance to say, " well tell me about it". I have to agree with MergeLeft on his thoughts though, cause I have seen my share of leo's that were the biggest horses patoots you could possibly imagine. Makes you wonder if it's genetics that have gone bad and we just push them towards being worse. Anyways yeah, I can see even when I looked up where I live on NORML that you can end up paying twice for one infraction. Example = I get popped for 5 or fewer plants, and that's a misdemeanor, and all sounds not really so bad, especially if it's my first you know, but wait there's more, now we gotta see how much you really got so out come the scales, and I have heard that they put on the scale roots , stalk, leaves, dang probably even strings that got used if they were made outta hemp.
What I want to know is if I got popped with hash oil, how do they figuere out that ? sure seems on the surface that oil would be the choice way to go. Just my thoughts you guys and a bit of ramblin on.
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

WWW.NORML.ORG has each state by state law. Some go by weight some go by plant count. Also there are different penalties for hash oil. Some states have a misdemeanor while others consider ANY hash a felony (probably due to extraction process, they might consider the dangers of it and factor that in). The only way to know is to 1. check norml for your states laws and 2. contact a lawyer to see what charges are typical for the state you live in.

I have heard that they do wiegh roots and everything in the states that go by wieght. Which is utter bull.

Latest posts

Back