If it were Legal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you continue to grow?

• Yes

• No

• Not as often

Results are only viewable after voting.

BBFan

Days of Wine and....Roses
Reaction score
First off, this is not intended to be a political discussion, but rather some market research.

It appears that legalization has a better chance in the near term as it has ever had in our lifetimes. All those letters, reports, college essays, etc may have laid the groundwork, but the real political motivator is money. As the world’s economy is spiraling downward out of control, the politicians are looking at everything and anything that they can tax to pad the coffers.

Realistically, MJ would need to be controlled along the lines of alcohol distillation- ie: you need a license in the US to do it (not for beer or wine, but for whiskey or vodka) in order for the government to collect taxes and fees. So, if MJ were legalized in the US (no offense to my friends in other countries) for the benefit of the taxing authorities, home growing would most likely still be illegal so that taxes could be levied against the sale of the product.

Under that premise, I’m interested in doing a little market research. Would you still grow and take the risk of tax evasion/imprisonment if you could buy MJ at the corner store? I know this is a site for growers but if you could buy it legally, would you continue to grow illegally?

1 word...YES.
I don't beleive in legalization but decriminalization with regulation. Make it like tobacco, sell it tax the hell out of it. but if you want to grow it for yourself fine just can't sell it.
I would be fine with that. Who are they to say i can't grow something they can. I can understand anything that goes through a chemical process. but crap. put it dirt and it grows....tax my oak tree for providing oxygen. Or my apple tree for lettin me have apple pie.
When you buy cigs you paying...not for tobacco, but someone providing a finished product. so there are services involved. have to pay food tax at grocery store...but if you grow your own no tax. Way it should be IMO...you don't want to mess with it pay the tax. but leave peeps like me alone. I don't grow for sale or distribusion...just own personal toke. I know my tomatoes are better than anything i buy at the store...forsee weed being the same way ;)

:yeahthat:You know what, I'm going to grow regardless of the legal status(obviously, lol). I grow most of my own vegetables because they taste better and are cheaper than store bought. I'm very happy with the quality of the MJ I grow, no need to get it anywhere else.

As far as tax evasion goes, I'm not going to pay taxes on something I grow for personal use. If I was selling it, or could create a legal and profitable business by selling it, I would be more than happy to pay taxes to stay within the limits of the law.

Like when you grow your own tomatoes and such. Always better than if mass produced. Give it that TLC.
Plus Im old. A man can only play but so much golf a day.

I agree with it being just like any other garden product. Just like in real life, not everyone can grow their own tomatoes so people will still buy them in a store where it can be taxed 1,000,000,000% for all I care.

Heck yea I would still grow! Gardening period is a big source of happiness and zen moments in my life, and that'll always continue, no matter what the law says.

Yes I have farmed all my life it seams. I would rather work in the dirt all day as sit in a office 2 hrs for the same pay. I hate paper work in any form. It is truly enjoyable to plant seeds them watch them grow into beautiful fruiting plants be it tamatoes,pepers,Marijuana or any plant man grows.

God I love homegrown melons, I only buy them in the winter now.

I would still grow, im funnie about alot of stuff i put in my body, now that im growing i know were the earb is comming from i know whats in it alot of sweat, tears and love went into growing, it is like an old friend it broke my heart to have to cut down them big bushy males i almost cried ( ok so maybe i cried just a lil) they were monsters oh well the 1st ones are the hardest they say

I wonder if they will lace it with chemicals to make it more addictive like they do with cigs answer h@ll yes they will.

Oh yes I would still grow. I grow better smoke than I could ever buy from the streets. I'm sure that if it were to become like cigs that the companys growing it would add all kinds of junk into it to make it become physically addictive. And just like any thing else I want to know whats in my stash so yes I would still grow...take care..

:farm: NoWAY would I quit! Damn the Gov. and their laws, they have know idea how many jail cells could be open for a real criminals if they just sit down smoke a GOOOOOOOOD BOWL. I would bet most have or do anyway, but they are hipocrit's tax tobacco liqure and gas, please leave me alone, on my own property.
:banana: :yay: :joint: :bongin: :confused2:

If it was legalised and a big company could grow it for 1/4 the price of what it costs me to grow it, I would still grow my own.

MJ is not addictive, but growing it is ;)

Nothing in this world, nothing at all, can give me the peace I feel when im with my plants looking after them, checking them, just being in same place as them.

That kind of peace is priceless.

People who dont grow a plant with such passion would never understand, but we do :)

:peace:

Latest posts

Back