im an electrical idiot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup you sure can, it contains the ballast and light all in one, and runs on 120v, which is the normal us/canadian wall outlet. You shouldn't have any problems, but it is about 14lbs, so when you mount this light make sure to mount this in a sturdy place that can handle the weight.

Let us know how it works out.

What is the voltage of your electricity?
Im in the UK and we have 240v
This is a comment by someone who bought that light...

"The product states that there are taps for the four most common voltages, but when you get it, it is wired to only work on a 110 volt circuit. So, this will not work for most commericial applications as the description implies. I bought 7 of these, and now they want me to pay the freight to return them. Make sure you want a 110 volt unit, or this will not work for you."

P.s. yes you can plug it in a wall socket

more then likely you will need to go to homedepot and buy a cable that you plug into a wall outlet. just wire nut the two wires that come out of the light to that cable and you should be good.

unless you plan to hard wire it to your house.

Oh ok I see what your trying to do. Well first of all I wouldnt use that for growing you could but I think the light would be bad cause you dont have a good reflector. It looks like a light that would go on the side of your house. Im sure if you wiried it right and with the ballast but if you dont know what your doing then dude just go but a 150w hps mini lamp at a hydroponic store or online or even get a money order and mail away for it there only $150 and the reflector would get better light coverage. Look up www.bghydro.com

Latest posts

Back